Red Dragon Peter Wright Melbourne Masters Edition 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajpor2PJe5I

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

These are the Red Dragon Peter Wright Melbourn Masters Edition darts.  As you probably already know Wright won the Melbourne Masters and surprise surprise he used another new set of darts lol!!!  So this is another addition to the ever growing Wright range and a rather nice additon they are.  They are very similar to the Winmau Black Diamond but have a thinner more grippy ring grip with Diamon Fusion coating in a black colour.  They are 90% tungsten and only available in 22g and retail for £69.90.  You can buy them from the RD site here: Red Dragon Darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the RD Peter Wright Snakebite packaging which is cardboard with a small window showing the dart and it has a pull out cardboard tray with a foam insert holding the contents.  The darts are supplied with medium Nitro Tech stems and Peter Snakebite Wright Extra Thick Standard shape flights and the barrels are fitted with RD Trident cone points:

[Image: Q5MUOPs.jpg]

[Image: ShJ3uPe.jpg]

PICS OF THE DARTS:

[Image: Q8J1321.jpg]

[Image: cjcmvlv.jpg]

[Image: oUfPWXA.jpg]

[Image: nyE3LFu.jpg]

[Image: 86rKD3A.jpg]

[Image: aKyvGWc.jpg]

[Image: 6shdF8K.jpg]

[Image: B4RA9oq.jpg]

[Image: Q8QAnnk.jpg]

[Image: GjW0jKJ.jpg]

[Image: Z2mHSbZ.jpg]

[Image: Egl6sxB.jpg]

[Image: 2giQDFx.jpg]

[Image: Oqs4JdN.jpg]

[Image: k1JvObg.jpg]

[Image: hs4TBN3.jpg]

[Image: mN4y0bV.jpg]

Its a straight barrel dart with a tapered nose which has a few thin grooves and rings then the bulk of the barrel is a thin ring grip with the Diamond Fusion coating and then a small smooth section at rear with some thin rings and grooves to the end of the barrel.  Overall the grip is high level.

DIMENSIONS:

[Image: 32hKZ8d.jpg]

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third just one hundredth of a gram lighter:

[Image: i05USk4.jpg]

[Image: 2ssrnCu.jpg]

[Image: kCX38jd.jpg]

Weight of full setup as supplied:

[Image: O37RZ9p.jpg]

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was a little front of centre:

[Image: CcI19lW.jpg]

With supplied setup  it moved slightly behind centre:

[Image: 2YVVPEk.jpg]

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

[Image: 2Ujx6SW.jpg]

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Just about the start of the ring grip:

[Image: aFHoSLb.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

So another Wright dart and again a long straight barrel, very nearly 55mm!  Which is a bit long for me but once again they did not fly too bad, may be I just started to get more used to such long barrels Smile

Like I already mentioned above though it is very similar in looks and feel to the Winmau Black Diamond but this is just more grippy.  Because of the thin rings the Diamond Fusion grip seems to have a bit more bite and more of a pronounced gritty feel.  I actually like it though, its a great feel but as some people on this forum have mentioned it may not last long enough which is a bit of shame as while its new its really good.

For me the darts were flying very smooth and were very pleasant to throw and quite effortless too.  I think they fly a little on the flat side but the grip is really good for control without being overly sticky.

They were not too bad from the middle or rear for me either with the middle a little better balanced overall.

So as with most straight barrel darts they can suit any grip but I probably would still prefer them a little shorter although they fly well with short stems on but for me the grip is what makes them.  Quality is great its just a pity they are so pricey.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (good)
Grip: 8 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9.5 (2 exact)
Quality: 9 (great)
Value: 6 (pricey)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (fine)

Best Feature: Grip Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Not a fan of those diamond coatings, and that dart is long!  Too long for me.  But a fine review to show what you would be getting -  the key point for prospective buyers.  Have already added to reviewed darts index.  Smile
(10-25-2018, 02:20 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Not a fan of those diamond coatings, and that dart is long!  Too long for me.  But a fine review to show what you would be getting -  the key point for prospective buyers.  Have already added to reviewed darts index.  Smile

Thanks Glenn! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good looking dart, but if I was thinking of buying them then first I'd want to know how long the grip would last before shelling out that sort of cash for them. Once again another great review and great pics Smile
Superb review as usual, been waiting for this one.

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1 mit Tapatalk
[Image: ulaodpa5218.png]
Board: Winmau Blade 5 DC
Darts : Cosmo Cyclone Mickey Mansell 23.9 g 
Great review again.nice looking dart quite long overpriced in my opinion but still look a nice dart to throw
(10-25-2018, 02:47 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Good looking dart, but if I was thinking of buying them then first I'd want to know how long the grip would last before shelling out that sort of cash for them.  Once again another great review and great pics Smile

Cheers Mike, the grip does feel good though Smile

(10-25-2018, 03:41 PM)Shima Wrote: Superb review as usual, been waiting for this one.

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Thanks mate! Smile

(10-25-2018, 03:56 PM)Richa Wrote: Great review again.nice looking dart quite long overpriced in my opinion but still look a nice dart to throw

Thanks Rich! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

PW just keeps changing his darts! These look pretty cool not my thing though. He changes his darts so often what does it matter that the grip doesn't last too long?
Darren you've shown us the best pix for this dart to allow anyone wanting a set to truly know what they are looking to buy.
Collectors of PW's darts will have to jump on these, after your review how could they not?
I'm waiting for PW to start throwing javelins next. LOL
Nice looking darts gonna put these in the maybe list, great review as always i think you should switch to pear flights lol
Gah that close up picture is great,

Still this dart has me thinking of the films, Kickboxer / Hot Shots! Part Deux. though.
Of course, even a partial Gummi Bear coating would be too dangerous for darts...
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Nice darts with awesome review. I could use these.
(10-25-2018, 04:25 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: PW just keeps changing his darts! These look pretty cool not my thing though. He changes his darts so often what does it matter that the grip doesn't last too long?
Darren you've shown us the best pix for this dart to allow anyone wanting a set to truly know what they are looking to buy.
Collectors of PW's darts will have to jump on these, after your review how could they not?
I'm waiting for PW to start throwing javelins next. LOL

Thanks Tom, I am sure there will be a lot more additions to the Wright range in the coming years, all good fun though Smile

(10-25-2018, 04:27 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Nice looking darts gonna put these in the maybe list, great review as always i think you should switch to pear flights lol

Thanks Chris, I have been thinking of trying out kites for a while but who knows, I have stuck with standard shape for years now. Smile

(10-25-2018, 05:01 PM)Ryk Wrote: Gah that close up picture is great,

Still this dart has me thinking of the films, Kickboxer / Hot Shots! Part Deux. though.
Of course, even a partial Gummi Bear coating would be too dangerous for darts...

LOL every I think of Hot Shots I want to eat toffee and nuts Smile

(10-25-2018, 08:14 PM)Bloodycut Wrote: Nice darts with awesome review. I could use these.

Thanks mate! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good review as always mate. Part of me wants to get a set, as I liked the Black Diamonds. The other part is saying not to as the coating on the BDs seemed to wear fast. Decisions decisions.... :-)
2016 - 180 x 36, 170 x 1, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2017 - 180 x 139, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2018 - not couting, just throwing
Best leg - 11 darts

Lewis Gen 2 / Anderson Phase 3 Golden
(10-26-2018, 09:42 AM)blacko Wrote: Good review as always mate. Part of me wants to get a set, as I liked the Black Diamonds. The other part is saying not too as the coating on the BDs seemed to wear fast. Decisions decisions.... :-)

Cheers mate! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Cracking review again Darren,  as you know I bought these,  I love em,  they just don't like me !!!,

I have to slightly slacken my grip or the pull left all the time,

Changed to a short ali RD stem, and they feel fine,

Never be a "match dart" but a great dart nonetheless!!!
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson WC, 25g

"Hopefully I`ll get to throw 3 in Heaven before the Devil finds out I`m dead" !

[Image: S2xtmfG.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 5 15,071 07-15-2020, 06:07 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Target Paul Lim Gen 3 23g Swiss Point Limited Edition Review YoungStarDC 7 329 07-06-2020, 11:44 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review Trainor180 19 6,877 06-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sithlord
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 670 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 22 2,437 05-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Luke_Kuechly_59
  Reddragon Peter Wright Snakebite Lunar SE 22g Don Q 12 705 03-25-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Don Q
  Shot Rob Heckman Dragon 22g Darts Review Getagrip 17 666 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion 2020 23g Darts Review Getagrip 29 2,034 03-04-2020, 04:14 PM
  Red Dragon Carnage 2 22g darts review Getagrip 37 12,496 02-28-2020, 10:21 AM
  Red Dragon Delta 22g darts review Getagrip 17 10,951 01-22-2020, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Spudj85