Target Raymond van Barneveld RVB 95 Generation 2 25g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kXBQSm50vo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

This is a review of the Target Raymond van Barneveld RVB 95 G2 darts, I reviewed the first model which you can see here: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=28123  Once again I am reviewing the 25g version and they are also available in 21g and 23g and in soft tip in 17g and 19g.  As the name denotes they are 95% tungsten.  This version has the trapezoidal V stream grip on the front which was on the Elysian 3 darts and the rear has another unique style of grip, dont think it has been given a name though?  The front has a gold ti coating and the rear a black ti coating.  They retail for £89.95.  You can find more info on the Target site here: http://www.target-darts.co.uk/steel-tip/rvb/rvb-g2.html

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a similar box to the first gen which is a cardboard box with a top flap which opens out to show a full image of the dart and Barney, on the rear is a useful image of what is included in the box and the darts features.  Inside the darts are held fully assembled in a velvety flocked foam insert and supplied with the short Pro Grip stems and Ultra Ghost+ RVB flights in small standard and the darts are fitted with black Fire Points:

[Image: TbC2Ad0.jpg]

[Image: PA1UdMS.jpg]

[Image: KAMEdJJ.jpg]

PICS OF THE DARTS:

[Image: T4RYWGs.jpg]

[Image: l3rO9bm.jpg]

[Image: bNCLvpn.jpg]

[Image: dhF6Cpm.jpg]

[Image: TTDLaXe.jpg]

[Image: LVJKQrv.jpg]

[Image: R5LGnUb.jpg]

[Image: MavFbwO.jpg]

[Image: kDGV9yG.jpg]

[Image: kUscvJe.jpg]

[Image: 9p9k3zG.jpg]

[Image: ETIq4FK.jpg]

[Image: bCuvky6.jpg]

[Image: kecwTII.jpg]

[Image: OwvX1Wc.jpg]

[Image: rTeY3UB.jpg]

[Image: PnyoURC.jpg]

[Image: 8QGxbQz.jpg]

[Image: OrVdqtg.jpg]

[Image: QybhWe2.jpg]

A comparison with the RVB 95 G1 25g

[Image: tzSi9KK.jpg]

[Image: p92XySL.jpg]

[Image: dGwr0hN.jpg]

Its a tapered barrel, fatter at the front than the rear, and the front half has the V-Stream trapezoidal grip with the gold ti coating and the rear is a kind of thin double ring grip with oval shaped cutouts that are staggerd then a small smooth section at the end.  I would say the front is around medium and the rear is about high medium but it could feel more grippy to some and less grippy to others due to its slightly strange shape so will very much depend how it interacts with your fingerprint grip and how the dart sits in your fingers.

DIMENSIONS:

[Image: UMRm89s.jpg]

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third just one hundredth of a gram heavier:

[Image: 6QaLutP.jpg]

[Image: PnEiILd.jpg]

[Image: vj0rlkv.jpg]

Weight of full setup as supplied:

[Image: dWxfE92.jpg]

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was towards the front:

[Image: bOHL0Pq.jpg]

With supplied setup  it moved to centre:

[Image: GRjQHje.jpg]

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

[Image: rMwKD7h.jpg]

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Close to the nose:

[Image: GqC4QW7.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

When I first saw the pics of the RVB 95 G2 on the launch I thought it was nice but did not really feel a big wow from them but now I have them in the flesh I was surpised at just how beautiful they are. Could be because I am a fan of the gold colour but they are such much better when you see them in the flesh that its almost a shame to throw them and ding them up Smile  The V-Stream grip is very nicely machined and the rear grip is also very interesting in look and feel.

I dont think these are quite as grippy at the front as the gen 1 are but its a grip thats probably going to feel a bit different to each person, I think some will find it kind of edgy and others it may not be strong enough.  I think it also depends how the dart sits in the fingers too due to the slightly hexagonal shape of the front.  I think when I came to throw the darts they felt just a tad grippier though.  I think the shape of the front is a good and bad thing in some respects because depending how it released I was either getting the darts flying super smooth or I was kind of catching the edges alone the grip and getting a lot of spin.  After more playing though I got used to settling the darts in the fingers and it was mostly flying smooth.  Balance is good for a front grip but I dont think its as forward as the gen 1 was.

From the middle you fingers are on the two types of grip and I think for some that may be a problem but I guess it depends again on how you realese etc, so could still be worth a look for some middle grippers if you like a front weighted dart.

For rear grippers I think you have a little more grip and as the barrel is thinner there its got a slightly more front weighted feel so if your happy with that then they are certainly worth a look.

Firepoints are pretty good and holding in the board, may be a little too good when they get near a wire as I almost feel a bit worried about pulling them out!  I think personally I would not use them on my home board but if you want a good grippy point they are great for that Smile

Overall the quality is awesome and its very neatly done so no complaints there.  I guess the only issue really is the price, they are not cheap so cant really be classed as good value but if its the sort of dart that works for your grip and throw I dont think you will be disappointed at all. Smile

So great looking darts that are very nicely made and probably best for front and rear grippers. Smile

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9.5 (very good)
Grip: 7 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9.5 (2 exact)
Quality: 9.5 (very good)
Value: 6 (pricey)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (ok)

Best Feature: Grip Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
A 5 star review of a 5 star dart.

Not sure about the 'good looks' thing; the front half and the back half seem to be at odds with each other, a cheeky bit of gold in the back half, might help balance it.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Excellenté review. Nice looking darts set. Left hand? I don't know..maybe after test I could say more. RvB left hand throws would be great to see.
Another good looking dart from Target and another great review, have already added to the review index Smile
(10-14-2018, 05:50 PM)Ryk Wrote: A 5 star review of a 5 star dart.

Not sure about the 'good looks' thing; the front half and the back half seem to be at odds with each other, a cheeky bit of gold in the back half, might help balance it.

Thanks Ryk, I thought the same when I first seen them but now I have had them in my hands I think they are very nice looking darts Smile

(10-14-2018, 05:52 PM)Bloodycut Wrote: Excellenté review. Nice looking darts set. Left hand? I don't know..maybe after test I could say more. RvB left hand throws would be great to see.

Thanks! I have been thinking about throwing left for a while but I will never get the hang of it lol!

(10-14-2018, 05:55 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Another good looking dart from Target and another great review, have already added to the review index Smile

Thanks Mike! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Left hand review would be great. I mean darts player who is really left handed.
Great review & good pics, like the gold on them but not sure if these are for me, think maybe if i was investing in a RVB would be the Gen 1
Liked the look of these anyway but love them now. Excellent review as always
Yes you nailed this one showing us a very nice dart, to my eyes anyhow. I'd like to try the 21g's at some time but the cost scares me off.
The cuts on this barrel are looking good front and rear, and like you, the gold wins me over every time.
+1 for it all.
Another great review with awesome pictures Darren .
I must admit these Darts are really growing on me . Initially I Totally dismissed the possibility
of ever owning them . Now with a 2nd mortgage or an increase in my line of credit I would entertain the possibility. Rolleyes Big Grin
PS
Great idea picturing them next to the Gen 1’s .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Carrera C12 22g darts review Getagrip 37 15,133 10-12-2019, 09:07 AM
Last Post: The Fox
  Target Swiss SP01 26g Darts Review Includes Slow Motion 180 Getagrip 32 2,707 10-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Last Post: CanadaTon
  Target Swiss Point Review (Includes SP01 & Phil Taylor Gen 6) vanJupp 16 924 10-02-2019, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Target Daytona Fire 22g darts review Getagrip 179 98,172 09-23-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Gary Thompson
  Target Carrera C5 23g Darts Review Getagrip 11 12,286 09-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Dan180
Information Target Jadeite 24g Darts Review Ryk 10 1,164 08-27-2019, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Curtis8976
Information Target Glen "Duzza" Durrant 24g - Review Molrix 18 891 08-04-2019, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Sowatt
  Target Raymond van Barneveld RVB 95 25g darts review Getagrip 62 29,121 07-19-2019, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Laci Spisák
  XQMax Michael van Gerwen Mighty Generation 2 23g darts review Getagrip 20 9,362 04-03-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Richa
  XQ Max Michael Van Gerwen Mighty Generation 21g darts review Getagrip 30 28,554 03-30-2019, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Richa