Help drawing back
Need some advice on how to stop my elbow rising on the draw back..
(10-09-2018, 09:49 AM)Notrul Wrote: Need some advice on how to stop my elbow rising on the draw back..

During practice....just concentrate on your elbow. Also try this....hold you are straight out towards the board then bring the dart back until your arm is straight up from the elbow,basically like a half draw back and then throw from that position. This should provide some muscle memory.Luck
One of the key issues... I'd say the primary main issue... we have when we experience unnecessary movements of the Upper-body, or the shoulder, or Upper-arm, elbow, or Fore-arm, hand & fingers... is we are not relaxed enough in our movements. We use too much muscle, and tension in the pulling back and forward motions of the throwing action... this invariably causes us to re-position our arm multiple times through the course of one throwing action, to over rotate the fore-arm... tension in the tricep and bicep will pull our elbow into positions we don't want it to be in.

Using less muscle input, staying relaxed from upper body all the way through to your finger tips to the entirety of completion of throw.... will vastly improve your Darts, and improve your game and experience beyond belief..... It could even be life changing for you, depending what you want out of Darts.

KEEP IT SIMPLE.................. RELAX.
(10-18-2018, 12:02 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: One of the key issues... I'd say the primary main issue... we have when we experience unnecessary movements of the Upper-body, or the shoulder, or Upper-arm, elbow,  or Fore-arm, hand & fingers... is we are not relaxed enough in our movements. We use too much muscle, and tension in the pulling back and forward motions of the throwing action... this invariably causes us to re-position our arm multiple times through the course of one throwing action, to over rotate the fore-arm... tension in the tricep and bicep will pull our elbow into positions we don't want it to be in.

Using less muscle input, staying relaxed from upper body all the way through to your finger tips to the entirety of completion of throw.... will vastly improve your Darts, and improve your game and experience beyond belief..... It could even be life changing for you, depending what you want out of Darts.

KEEP IT SIMPLE.................. RELAX.

Yes! Very much agree with your comments.
And, would add to this that achieving the playing state of “The Zone” is only possible from this ultra conscious yet relaxed state of mind and body.
You could try simply raising your elbow higher from the start, so it's got nowhere to go.  If you don't like doing that because your hand blocks your vision, that's because you're focusing on your hand.  Focus on the target and your hand will almost disappear.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drawing to side of face or to the eye? UncleJJ 2 223 01-03-2020, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Technical Problem with Drawing Back johntm 8 940 01-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Tom12481
  Drawing dart back to dominant eye skinnygav 17 3,550 08-26-2015, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Gada