Shot Warrior Tipu 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeRJxTopTJI

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

This is another model from the Shot Warrior 80% tungsten range. This is the Tipu. They are 23g and also available in 21g and 25g and in soft tip in 18g and 20g. Once again it continues the Maori cultural theme and it has the very nice cinder grip etched on the barrel in the Maori tattoo style. These retail for £49.95.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in usual neat slimline box and inside there is a foam insert. The darts are supplied with some inbetween Eagle Claw stems and a set of small standard shape flights with the fern graphic on:

[Image: 1o9DIny.jpg]

[Image: p6woPWO.jpg]

PICS OF THE DARTS:

[Image: tahGhr6.jpg]

[Image: 8lH6Gcr.jpg]

[Image: EPCVjjJ.jpg]

[Image: GUgh0O3.jpg]

[Image: DsIcbWg.jpg]

[Image: 18Ndf5C.jpg]

[Image: r7J2hJj.jpg]

[Image: EbIHCRu.jpg]

[Image: xHMdRcH.jpg]

[Image: mCsl8Vn.jpg]

[Image: PaB1aVh.jpg]

[Image: n6QsmzY.jpg]

[Image: sUn2b8x.jpg]

[Image: PUBWHHZ.jpg]

[Image: YJuKOcm.jpg]

[Image: 7XeyOZC.jpg]

[Image: lABCXoe.jpg]

Its a pretty much straight barrel design with a taper on the nose and a slight taper to the end of the barrel. The rear has a very gently scalloped section. The grip covers most of the barrel and is a kind of wavy knife edge grip which is a little grippier on the front half as its a little more widely spaced and narrower on the scallop section. Its a high level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

[Image: BDatpzV.jpg]

WEIGHT:

Barrels were closely matched just four hundredths of a gram difference bewteen lightest and heaviest:

[Image: L6in9mh.jpg]

[Image: rCbcgDL.jpg]

[Image: QW3ndOF.jpg]

Weight of full setup as supplied:

[Image: UFvEa4w.jpg]

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was a little front of centre:

[Image: fexM9YN.jpg]

With supplied setup it moved almost exactly to centre:

[Image: MrGJR2V.jpg]

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

[Image: lbK4Ir7.jpg]

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Just a little bit up from the nose:

[Image: tLCCg9u.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

So another nicely themed dart for the Shot Warrior range and another model in the 80% range. Again it looks great with the cinder grip tattoo and nicley complemented with the fern flights. Its a grippy dart and when I came to throw it for the first time I was a little surprised it felt more grippy than when I was just feeling it in my fingers. The grip kind of makes it feel a little chunkier than its already fairly chunky 7mm and took a while to get fully comfortable with it but once you do it works well. No slipping at all but you do need to get a clean realease or risk skewing the dart. I think for me it was a little spirally at first but got smoother as I got used to the grip although I still imparted a fair amount of spin because of it. Balance was good though, it has a slightly front weighted feel.

I dont see why it wont work well for middle grippers either, its still very grippy but balance is fine and should be good for most people.

From the rear you have the gentle scallop so obviously the dart gets a little thinner there. The grip is not quite as aggressive but still plenty of it and the scallop itself kind of acts a little like a grip in its own right. It was a little more erractic for me but again could be fine for some rear grippers.

I would probably say front and middle grippers will get the best from it overall.

Another good looking set with a great grip but again you can argue its still a little pricey for 80% but I think the quality is still great and if you fancy a grippy dart that looks good then give em a try Smile

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8.5 (good)
Grip: 8.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (close)
Quality: 8.5 (good)
Value: 7 (ok)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (fine)

Best Feature: Gripe Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Another good looking set of arrows from Shot - I won't be getting them as I'm on a buying sabbatical at the moment, but I much prefer these to the Hautoa's. Another great review and pics - have already added to the review index Smile
Quite like that dart.  Seems it might work well for me, AND with my preferred setup.  Have to give it some more thought.  Do I need it?  No.  Do I want it?  Perhaps, but competing with the Viking Hammer which has been on my mind for some time.   Decisions, decisions  dunno
Beautiful dart, not quite my shape, nicely machined and appears to fly well - beautifully efficient.
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
Darren, thanks for the review. Keep the SHOT dart reviews coming.
~ Zeroed4x
[Image: grantsigx.jpg]
Nice review thanx for that. Barrel figures are excellent.
Great review dart looks great but for 80% I think it's pricey
(10-07-2018, 05:38 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Another good looking set of arrows from Shot - I won't be getting them as I'm on a buying sabbatical at the moment, but I much prefer these to the Hautoa's.  Another great review and pics - have already added to the review index Smile

Cheers Mike! Smile

(10-07-2018, 05:57 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Quite like that dart.  Seems it might work well for me, AND with my preferred setup.  Have to give it some more thought.  Do I need it?  No.  Do I want it?  Perhaps, but competing with the Viking Hammer which has been on my mind for some time.   Decisions, decisions  dunno

Life is tough been Darts Nutz Smile

(10-07-2018, 06:05 PM)Cat Wrote: Beautiful dart, not quite my shape, nicely machined and appears to fly well - beautifully efficient.

It is Smile

(10-08-2018, 03:54 AM)Zeroed4x Wrote: Darren, thanks for the review. Keep the SHOT dart reviews coming.

Cheers Grant! Smile

(10-08-2018, 07:22 AM)Bloodycut Wrote: Nice review thanx for that. Barrel figures are excellent.

Thanks mate! Smile

(10-08-2018, 07:53 AM)Richa Wrote: Great review dart looks great but for 80% I think it's pricey

Cheers Rich! Smile I guess its still pricey but no doubt it takes a fair amount of extra time to add the tattoo styling.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Toni Alcinas 23g darts review Getagrip 10 292 11-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 19 3,746 11-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Shot Prospector 24g Darts Review Getagrip 9 1,516 11-08-2019, 10:54 AM
  Shot Viking Hammer 23g darts review Getagrip 22 3,057 11-07-2019, 04:04 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Shot Trapper 24g Darts Review Getagrip 6 910 10-21-2019, 01:38 PM
  Shot Darts Ronin Rei 22g darts review Getagrip 40 11,194 10-16-2019, 03:29 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Shot Trailblazer 23g darts review Getagrip 20 1,715 10-07-2019, 08:49 AM
  Shot Ronin Yu 23g darts review Getagrip 44 10,081 08-18-2019, 04:53 PM
  Shot Viking Drakkar 23g darts review Getagrip 26 4,475 06-18-2019, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
Information Shot Ronin Makoto : The Honest One 24g dart review Ryk 18 2,692 04-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade