Target Nexus Online Board
[Image: 686d45ff804fdb0239d138f0302d1f8a.jpg]

[Image: 02f863537b7f831fde44990cbf1f0baa.jpg]

Looks groovy.
Damnit, do want, but how much will it be? If they make it affordable it could be a genuine revolution.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Any of you guys see this yet? How do you think this will stack up against boards like the Gran Boards? It looks like they have put a lot of thought into it and combined all our favorite features from the other boards. I can't wait to see how much these will sell for...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Darty posted about it earlier here - https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=34613
There's pretty much zero technical information about it at the minute.

The main question I have is can I connect it to a TV? I have one mounted above my board and currently stream to it from my tablet via Chromecast.

If this doesn't support either casting or have an HDMI output then that's a deal breaker for me.

I'm curious as to what's going on with this. They've said it will be available in November but all that's been seen of it is a couple of pictures. No technical specs, no videos or even pictures of people using it.

I guess they want it out in time for Christmas but I suspect it may well be delayed.
Is this the 'polymer' board that Target's MD patented???
What’s affordable?
(10-07-2018, 06:28 PM)AProsview Wrote: What’s affordable?
Has to be under £150 imo to be affordable, can't see it myself!

(10-07-2018, 07:17 PM)Poidisb Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 06:28 PM)AProsview Wrote: What’s affordable?
Has to be under £150 imo to be affordable, can't see it myself!

I’ll be honest at £150 I can’t see it taking off in the UK....it’s just too expensive....£99 they may have a chance but it’s not gonna happen.....I like the look and idea behind it but it’s gonna be priceySmile
Darts : GB 1 Madhouse Customs  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Standard Flights.
Soft Tip: 17g Dartsclearance Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: winmau Blade 5
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
http://www.custommadedarts.com  Moddarts
I think for the UK market its not really the price that is the main hurdle its the fact its soft tip and steel tip is so ingrained here.

The machine looks like it could be very good though so in the wider market it has to compete with the likes of Dartslive, Gran Board etc so as they are already well established it could be a struggle but I think Target have got the marketing clout to pull it off.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I mused during the Target launch this year their apparent commitment to enter the the online market.  Softtip electronic boards are the easiest way to achieve that goal.  Arguably the only way, outside of pricey and bulky setups like the Scolia system for steel tip.

Agree with Darren this product might find hard sledding in traditional steel tip markets like the UK - and small town Nova Scotia for that matter Wink.  But the numbers involved in the global softtip market might be too attractive for these established dart companies to ignore.

Might have to start hoarding steel tip equipment for the coming apocalypse.  Oh wait, think I've already started  Big Grin
Integrated monitor and cam... Amd its Target, so i guess it will be 180 £ minimum.

Its a bit pitty that they use those big 5 holes doubles and trebles... That was a chance to create something different. But i think they are after the asian and us market where those are popular.
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
(10-08-2018, 01:13 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Integrated monitor and cam... Amd its Target, so i guess it will be  180 £ minimum.

Its a bit pitty that they use those big 5 wholes doubles and trebles... That was a chance to create something different. But i think they are after the asian and us market where those are popular.

Was going to mention the American style softttip board versus European.  Would've loved to see the latter style.  But as you say, the global softtip market is dominated by the American style board.  Heard it referenced as 'standard' on a recent softtip thread, which pretty well tells it all...
I would expect a price of around £200. Maybe they will come up with a cheaper version a few years later, if it is a succes. Like thy did with their lightning system. First the expensive Vision 360 and than the cheaper Corona.

And in the end the 5 hole boards are the standard and a change would make it unattractive for the big markets in Asia and the USA.
[Image: NSnrkBi.png]

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Personally I'd want to play on the board that is considered the standard. So if that's the 5 hole then so be it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nexus - Play A Pro mc1958 20 662 11-21-2019, 12:47 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Nexus vs granboard vs hidart vs dartslive Djjuicegallatin 8 1,105 04-22-2019, 11:50 AM
Last Post: HawaiiD
  Target Nexus Dartboard stand Fatles 2 304 04-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: RobJon
  Darts-Connect, GranBoard, Nexus...? longgunshooterzero 6 538 03-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Last Post: McBoing
  New Nexus/Promptly Destroyed sbland0614 14 969 03-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Last Post: longgunshooterzero
Information Updated Info on the Target Nexus soft tip dartboard Getagrip 7 1,237 11-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Don Hagliatelli
  Cannot connect to online game with Gran Board 3 Ryan Shaw 3 1,617 07-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Ryan Shaw
  Online Play... HELP! Bryanthrax 4 843 12-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Last Post: TJSlayer
  Which soft tip board for online Dads3sons 10 2,557 03-24-2017, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Pawnshop_Darts
  Gran Online mrglou 14 3,210 10-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Concrete