2019 BDO World Championship
looking forward to this afternoon, may struggle to watch Nigel " nodding donkey" Heydon as his throw drives me mad just to watch him
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(01-06-2019, 11:21 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: looking forward to this afternoon, may struggle to watch Nigel " nodding donkey" Heydon as his throw drives me mad just to watch him

If only Jim could have just held on Sad
B: 22g   S: Short   F: Kite   180s: 0/25

The Bad Darter
(01-06-2019, 12:18 PM)jt4527 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 11:21 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: looking forward to this afternoon, may struggle to watch Nigel " nodding donkey" Heydon as his throw drives me mad just to watch him

If only Jim could have just held on Sad

I was so rooting for Jim, looked to have it won but I think Heydons action mesmerised him
Current Board 
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Suzuki could well win the far weaker 2019 womens darts world title as there is little to no strength in depth in this division. Any lady that can hold around an 80 average for a few short legs will be dominant here.

Suzuki averaged 78.10 for set 1 and Ashton who normally averages around the 80 mark averaged 69.66 but that was only set 1 and both were nervy.
Set 2 was better from both Ladies, as the newcomer from Japan (who normally plays soft tip darts)  upped her average for this set  to an impressive 90.99 while Ashton also bettered her normal average of 80 at a very respectable 86.73.

For the overall match Suzuki averaged 84.54 which is better than the rest of the ladies left in this contest normally average and Ashton averaged 78.19 a fraction under her normal match average.
Suzuki the newcomer must not be taken lightly playing against ladies only and both her set averages in this match are more than good enough to win this 2019 ladies BDO affair if she can keep reproducing this.

She is already at a disadvantage as she has travelled to the UK  and must feel a little uncomfortable away from Japan in different surroundings but she has a very smooth throwing action, so good luck to her.

I for one hope she wins it and drags ladies darts standard up a little, as it is miles behind what the men are doing and darts is a gender neutral sport.
These Ladies from Japan, that play mostly soft tip darts  may well begin to come over to Europe in droves when they realise the lack of strength in depth from the European  ladies steel tip division, who it seems are resting on their laurels and not putting the hard practice in, time will tell.
Waites apparently with a new setup according to Wolfie, be interesting in what he's got as Scotty's not one for change.

Screen shot of Waites latest...

[Image: SUWYRBN.png]
What a bad Performance on the Doubles by Scott Waites!

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk
[Image: j3svU4y.jpg]

Darts:  Target "Agora" 01 22g, Target "Titanium Pixel Stems", RD "Hardcore" Flights
            Showtime Darts  "Revolution" 23g with RD "NitroTech" Stems short, RD "Hardcore"  Flights

Dartboard Set Up:  One80  "Gladiator III", Unicorn "HD" Metal Number Ring, Target "Corona"  Surround
                               Winmau "Blade5"

(01-06-2019, 02:53 PM)DeAngelo73 Wrote: What a bad Performance on the Doubles by Scott Waites!

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

Indeed, he'll definitely need to brush up on his doubles.
Gutted for Deta - I think she is destined to never win a World title Sad
Another Lakeside exit for Deta unfortunately, well played by Maria though.
Can anyone else hear Chris yelling " Come on Nigel" lol
At last Veenstra has woken up
Current Board 
Darts

Its a shame for Deta but i think that boat might have sailed. Ironically if she won it fairly on i believe she would have won multiple WC but every failed year the pressure builds.
(01-06-2019, 06:05 PM)Ogmog Wrote: Its a shame for Deta but i think that boat might have sailed. Ironically if she won it fairly on i believe she would have won multiple WC but every failed year the pressure builds.

I think if there had been a ladies World Championship in the early 1990's then she was one of the best lady players around that time and I reckon she would have won a couple of titles before Trina got a look in
I wanted Deta Hedman to win this but she and her opponent Maria Obrien were both very poor, the winner Obrien averaged around 70 which is less than good pub league darts and poor Deta could never get going and averaged an even worse 67 ish,
These ladies are experienced darters and should be doing far better as they all know when the world championship for ladies dart players is and they should be going there preparing properly and playing their best darts.

The Japanese Girl from soft tip darts " The miracle" Mikuru Suzuki that beat Lisa Ashton has so far set the standard in the ladies competition but darts is a gender neutral sport like snooker and there is no need for a separate ladies world championship.
The PDC have only one darts championship and it is open to both genders and if you are good enough then you qualify fair and square with no hand outs or leg ups and you play for decent prize money. Until this year for publicity they allowed 2 ladies in to the contest that only qualified against other ladies and they cheated 2 better players out of 7,500 gbp for playing there.

The only way that the ladies will get better at darts (or more consistent) is by competing against better players on the gender neutral darts circuit and qualifying fairly and squarely and having a ladies only BDO world championship or ladies only qualifying for PDC events etc is holding them back.
Great game there between Flyers and the Undertaker - shame there had to be a loser really. Well done Flyers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 World Masters mc1958 129 4,141 11-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  2019 WDF World Cup mc1958 24 800 10-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  2019 World Darts trophy mc1958 42 1,269 09-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Phenohyte
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 3,113 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96