2019 BDO World Championship
Adam Smith-Neale and Laura Turner confirmed as World Championship Qualifiers

Following the action at this weekend's Winmau World Masters, we are delighted to confirm a further two players who will be invited to participate in the 2019 World Professional Championships.

Adam Smith-Neale’s Winmau World Masters victory sees him secure one of the last few meaning spots in the Men’s Championships, with just the Asian and Australian qualifiers left to confirm to complete the line-up.

Debutant Smith-Neale will enter the competition in the preliminary round, along with the BDO regional table qualifiers, the World Professional play-off qualifiers and the 25th and 26th seeds from the main BDO ranking table.

Surrey's Laura Turner will also make her World Professional debut, as she moves from standby position to compete the women’s line up, following Lisa Ashton’s World Masters success at The Spa this weekend.

From http://www.bdodarts.com/index.php/item/1...qualifiers
Ross the Boss expressing concerns now

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loca...d-13393877
If this gets a channel for us to watch, it'll likely be on the Freesports channel if you ask me.
[Image: 37d4kf.jpg]
Less than 80 days to go now and the silence is deafening Sad
This is a shocking state of affairs, no tickets, venue or prize money announced. Will this even go ahead?
Mack The Knife
Your guess is as good as mine - I think it will go ahead and i think it will be at Lakeside, but I don't think it will be on tv (although really hope I'm wrong on that). I doubt we will hear anything for another couple of days yet though as Des and Paula are out in Turkey having a great time at the Turkish Open - the most eagerly awaited tournament of the year or something!!!
In all honesty I liked how Des started as the new BDO chairman, but this is such a huge mess. Not sure if it's his fault, or still because of the incompetence of the former board, but it's downright embarassing. Got to feel for the players even if it was their choice to remain in the BDO, think most of them will be going to Q-School next year, at least I hope so.
From what I can gather on facebook this mess is down to the old board and Des's hands are tied - I haven't a clue what they are doing, but some company called Sportotal are the ones that are supposed to be sorting it out.
i think the bdo has a short time left as a tv company.
(10-21-2018, 11:26 AM)mc1958 Wrote: From what I can gather on facebook this mess is down to the old board and Des's hands are tied - I haven't a clue what they are doing, but some company called Sportotal are the ones that are supposed to be sorting it out.

Sportotal are the guys who (as "BDO Events") were stupid enough to create the World Trophy for the BDO and lost six figure money on running the first two editions of the tournament. Afterwards they seemingly strong-armed/guilt-tripped Sue Williams into appointing them as the BDO's sole representatives for handling tournament rights negotiations, so that they could make back some of their lost money through commissions on things like the C4 contract for Lakeside.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 World Darts trophy mc1958 6 223 4 hours ago
Last Post: The Jester
  2019 World Masters venue announced mc1958 0 68 08-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 2,952 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96