Quantum Darts QD600 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Zh7HO8FnA

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

As some of you may already know a new darts brand started this week called Quantum Darts. The owner is an old friend of mine who has spent a long time getting things ready to launch his brand so I wish him all the best and hope he goes on to grow it ever bigger and better, good luck! There is a few launch models available and the set I am reviewing here is the QD600 which is 24g there is also a sister model which is the QD500 in 22g. They are 90% tungsten and retail for £27.99 from the Quantum Darts site here: https://www.quantumdarts.co.uk/

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a small plastic clam shell case and its neatly arranged to hold the darts in a point protector along with a set of medium nylon stems and under the inlay is a set of nicely designed and colourful Quantum Darts flights in standard shape:

[Image: TG27GaH.jpg]

[Image: a6czdwp.jpg]

PICS OF THE DARTS:

[Image: azMA8vo.jpg]

[Image: fbUD5pj.jpg]

[Image: 0l5e20b.jpg]

[Image: fsOpisa.jpg]

[Image: M4RD8YK.jpg]

[Image: HgvHWDl.jpg]

[Image: RVkZPMJ.jpg]

[Image: SKcgPN6.jpg]

[Image: vHZCrJz.jpg]

[Image: zWBKoSL.jpg]

[Image: A0yHZTK.jpg]

[Image: Sg3KyWI.jpg]

[Image: smsRfjb.jpg]

[Image: zdTZy1b.jpg]

[Image: CpIQy6L.jpg]

[Image: rc90Zdm.jpg]

Its a straight barrel tapered nose style dart which is a good classic shape and it has a mix of rings and grooves with a section at the front with circular indents and a smooth section on the rear with the QD logo. Overall grip level is around about medium.

DIMENSIONS:

[Image: 6dKaBjP.jpg]

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were very close and the difference between lightest and heaviest is six hundredths of a gram:

[Image: Q5YT74R.jpg]

[Image: 6gw5JSQ.jpg]

[Image: JIPozAI.jpg]

Weight of full setup as supplied:

[Image: X4QhqVT.jpg]

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was a little towards the front:

[Image: uxNLdHk.jpg]

With supplied setup it moved a little behind centre:

[Image: 0ofGc8e.jpg]

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

[Image: hTS5g9S.jpg]

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

About where the circular indents are:

[Image: qJWlrgN.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

Well its always nice to see a new brand entering the market and also nice to see the darts priced quite reasonably too Smile

This is a good classic shape to start with and overall its neatly done so things bode well for the future.

I think its a dart that can be a good all rounder, it was fine with my front grip and although I did get some spin at times it also flew very smoothly at times too, I think its just my grip interacting with the circular indents. The darts were quite pleasant to throw with a good feel to them but may be not enough grip for some people.

From the middle the darts were better balanced and flying very smooth, I think the way they are drilled makes the balance very good from there. I cant really say there was any problems at all from the middle so may suit mid grippers best.

I dont think from the rear was a great position to grip for me but it was still flying ok, just a little bit nose up. Again for natural rear grippers I think it will be fine though and you have some grip from the grooves on the end too.

So I think it will suit all styles like I already said and its a good dart to start a brand with really because of that. A fairly simple design that works well and is neatly machined and not crazily priced which is nice! Smile

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7.5 (classic style)
Grip: 6.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (2 almost exact)
Quality: 8 (good)
Value: 8.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (ok)

Best Feature: Nice all rounder Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Great to see a new name on the block, and as you say with reasonably priced darts. I loved the look of all the Quantum darts as soon as I saw some sneek previews and will be buying at least one set when i get paid this week - not sure yet whether to go for this or the QD500 though. Also contemplating the QD700 as well unless anything unexpected comes up in the meantime.

Thanks for the review - will add it to a review index in a mo Smile

Also good luck to Quantum Darts as well Smile
These look very nice, and similar to the shape and weight I tend to use.  However, as I mentioned in the other thread, just might give the 400 bullets a try.  Still on the fence  Thinker

Great review Darren, and a big well done to Quantum  yesyesyes
Coulda been a contender if it weren't for the smooth section with the logo.
Ayup Darren

As usual a great and honest review, and a nice looking dart as well.
Good luck to QD, competition is healthy.

Shed
I think it's a classy looking barrel and the review really does reflect the work gone into producing it. I also like the price.
(09-18-2018, 05:15 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Great to see a new name on the block, and as you say with reasonably priced darts.  I loved the look of all the Quantum darts as soon as I saw some sneek previews and will be buying at least one set when i get paid this week - not sure yet whether to go for this or the QD500 though.  Also contemplating the QD700 as well unless anything unexpected comes up in the meantime.

Thanks for the review - will add it to a review index in a mo Smile

Also good luck to Quantum Darts as well Smile

Cheers Mike! Smile

(09-18-2018, 05:27 PM)nixer55 Wrote: These look very nice, and similar to the shape and weight I tend to use.  However, as I mentioned in the other thread, just might give the 400 bullets a try.  Still on the fence  Thinker

Great review Darren, and a big well done to Quantum  yesyesyes

Thanks Glenn! Smile

(09-18-2018, 05:39 PM)bkbum Wrote: Coulda been a contender if it weren't for the smooth section with the logo.

Ah too bad Smile

(09-18-2018, 06:00 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup Darren

As usual a great and honest review, and a nice looking dart as well.
Good luck to QD, competition is healthy.

Shed

Thanks Nigel! Smile

(09-18-2018, 06:09 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I think it's a classy looking barrel and the review really does reflect the work gone into producing it. I also like the price.

Cheers Tom Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice looking darts for sure- I would prefer a heavier grip but other than that looks like quality arrows - of course nice review as usual.
(09-19-2018, 04:27 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Nice looking darts for sure- I would prefer a heavier grip but other than that  looks like quality arrows - of course nice review as usual.

Larry, I think the QD700 they do may be just up your street - 25g as well - https://www.quantumdarts.co.uk/product/q...s-700-25g/
Great review as always Darren. mint

Have my eyes on the 400's, liking that bullet shape. Smile
(09-19-2018, 04:27 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Nice looking darts for sure- I would prefer a heavier grip but other than that  looks like quality arrows - of course nice review as usual.

Cheers Pops! Smile

(09-19-2018, 05:09 PM)Great White North Wrote: Great review as always Darren. mint

Have my eyes on the 400's, liking that bullet shape. Smile

Thanks Brad, should be a good dart for you, you should do a review too Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(09-19-2018, 05:16 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Brad, should be a good dart for you, you should do a review too Smile

Would do reviews, but Sebastian gets them up before me every time. Tongue Big Grin
(09-19-2018, 05:22 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 05:16 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Brad, should be a good dart for you, you should do a review too Smile

Would do reviews, but Sebastian gets them up before me every time. Tongue Big Grin

LOL you need to get up earlier or move to UK Big Grin

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Its a beautiful dart from a new company. Beautifully crafted and with identity. I love seeing new companies coming in and hoping they grow in the future. Send our regards to your friend, and we'll do our best to help them grow!

Look forward to more models from them, maybe even experiment more with astethics and other embellishments to make it their own.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
(09-19-2018, 05:22 PM)Great White North Wrote:

Did not order them, so you should have all the time in the world. Wink
[Image: NSnrkBi.png]

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts Clearance Falcon F1 23g Darts Review Getagrip 23 930 12-04-2019, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cosmo Darts Steve West 22g Darts Review Getagrip 13 444 11-03-2019, 04:33 PM
  Shot Darts Ronin Rei 22g darts review Getagrip 40 11,222 10-16-2019, 03:29 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  ShowTime Darts Revolution 24g darts review Getagrip 34 58,783 09-06-2019, 04:34 PM
  ShowTime Darts Vortex 23g darts review Getagrip 33 10,548 04-19-2019, 03:14 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Showtime Darts Revolver 23g darts review Getagrip 28 15,602 04-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Winmau Navigator 23g darts review best darts bargain ever? Getagrip 98 31,030 02-27-2019, 11:14 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Quantum Darts Aphelion 25g darts review Getagrip 17 1,179 02-01-2019, 05:16 PM
  Quantum Darts reviewed darts mc1958 2 697 01-30-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  ShowTime Darts Nitro st 22g darts review Getagrip 37 13,325 01-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Olsen65