Sliding doors: 3 pivotal moments that would change everything
Hi guys

I was thinking of 3 crucial landmark moments that if different would change the face of darts forever. 

For me:

1. Bristow vs George 1980 WC: George wins. Does this make George the Ali of darts, he makes darts glam in the 80s. Bristow gets disheartened and doesn't become the force he did after this win. If that occurs we undo Taylor emergence and darts of the 90S and 00s is totally different.

2. Bristow vs Lowe WC 87: Bristow wins, and confidence renewed, dartitis doesn't become the issue it did. Taylor isn't sponsored this undoing Taylor dominance.of 90s and 00s. Bristow likely wins wc until possibly mid 90s or beyond. 

3. Priestley vs Taylor: Priestley wins a close one. Taylor doesn't go away humiliated and determined to destroy everyone. The Taylor 'run' doesn't happen and Priestley dominates the 90s occasionally dropping a major to Taylor. The 00s is alot more open with alot more players pulling majors. 

What would yours be?
Darts: 21g Durro ringed 
Stems: unicorn gripper medium
Flights: std
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Strange world! I was just pondering if the winners and 2nd place players in the championships were swapped how would things go... 1978-1979 not too bad Lowe and Rees trade championships then you are faced with your 1980 switcheroo.
Excellent trio.
Ryk is equipped with...

Arrows -  23g Showtime Ксения Клочек :: Stems- Core Grip ST Med (Blue) :: Flights - ShowTime 100μm (Colour Burst Red) :: - Winmau Blade 6
Deller misses the 138 for the 83 title, Bristows wins and continues to improve so doesn’t need “a project to sponsor” who’s Phil Taylor?.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
23 Gram Modified ONE80 Comets with black points, Pro Grip stems, punched RD Hardcore flights with Target titanium stem rings                      

If you can hit the target when your arse is hanging out you are a great player 

PB since re starting playing in 2014. 15 darts May 25th 2015  and  equalled May 25th 2016                                                           
Hi Chris

I think it was 86 when it all went awry. 84 Brissy was arguably the best version.

Really the 'release' got more laboured from 85-87,. It was after the Lowe loss and going out in 88 that saw him invest in Taylor.

I think if Bristow beats Lowe in 87, it gives him the confidence back after a difficult 86-87. He loses one major between 1988-91 maybe to Anderson and then runs into Priestley. I deffo don't see him dropping 1993 vs Lowe so I think he replaces Taylor in the Priestley rivalry.

Gotta remember guys Bristow was only 40 in 97, priestley was 47.

Not inconceivable with that ego and money on offer that Brissy takes the 90s.
Darts: 21g Durro ringed 
Stems: unicorn gripper medium
Flights: std
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

(09-16-2018, 10:45 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Just imagine the PDC in full swing in 85, Eric would have been the greediest kid in the sweet shop
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
23 Gram Modified ONE80 Comets with black points, Pro Grip stems, punched RD Hardcore flights with Target titanium stem rings                      

If you can hit the target when your arse is hanging out you are a great player 

PB since re starting playing in 2014. 15 darts May 25th 2015  and  equalled May 25th 2016