The resurrection of Simon Whitlock
Hi guys

Do you think the 'Wizard' gets enough credit for his remarkable turnaround over the last 18 months or so. 2 years ago he looked on the slide along with winstanley, hamilton, newton etc as he teetered on the edge of the top 16 and I think he even dropped lower. He was changing darts, wearing glasses and going out early in events?

It should also be remembered he was 47 at the time, no age (despite what people say) and he could quite easily have followed the above out the top 32 or. Even the pro game.

Jump forward to 2018 and he's 7th in the Pdc, going deep.on the tour and is showing he still has it.

For me it's been one of the success stories of the last year or so which I think gets eclipsed by the arrival of Cross and the shock of Mensur starting to challenge for serious majors
Darts: 21g Durro ringed 
Stems: unicorn gripper medium
Flights: std
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Good point . Simon has fought and clawed his way back to top form pretty much under the radar as you say.
Match Darts=DPC Level 5’s ® 22g 

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

He turned up to a local tournament where I live and obliterated everyone was a little unfair lol. But yeah he’s done very well he dropped to 20 if I remember correctly, much like the turnaround Adrian Lewis has done this year too
Where you based Cal?
Darts: 21g Durro ringed 
Stems: unicorn gripper medium
Flights: std
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

I'm glad to see him turn it around.seems a nice guy and can play some brilliant stuff at times
Really glad to see my man Simon back on the top, but you could say about Wadey the same.
2018 171s: 18
2018 180s: 4
2018 highest checkout: 152
2018 best leg: 15 Darts

It's Ally Pally about the Darts, guys!  Moddarts Moddarts Moddarts
Yeah, I think you're right that he doesn't get much credit for it. Not to many players turn the slide around and climb back up the rankings but Simon has shown he still has a lot to offer.

I'd really love to see him scoop a major title.
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Simon is a great example of this year's darts scene, the newcomers rising, and the old names finding their rhythm and prowess back in their tank. After finishing runner up in last year's World Grand Prix, Simon has found back his form and has revelled in it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

[Image: Da6XypVXkAA7GfT.jpg]

Current Dart in Use: Target Rob Cross 19gm soft tip.
(09-15-2018, 10:34 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Where you based Cal?

I’m in Dartford in Kent. He turned up to the Dartford open
Nice to see him playing well again.
And he seems to be a really nice
bloke too.  Smile
Kevin a.k.a. "Sniper".  Moddarts