New Darts gear
Agree with all that been said. With many sports like golf and cycling you really need to spend the extra money if you want to perform. Darts is really different, and in fact if you look at the pro's most of them are using pretty basic style equipment. MVG being the best example I can think of!

Whilst the funky coatings and grips may look nice, I'm not convinced they improve your play, so it should be possible to get a set for a decent price. You sound like you play a lot Carpy so hopefully have a set that you are happy with anyway. Just view new launches as something to amuse you as opposed to something that upsets you because you can't take part. In my case, the new Target launch was less in issue of price and more of length as everything they now design is too long for me.

Darts is like most things in life, its possible to spend a huge amount on a hobby, but compared to most other sports the kit is actually very good value.

Playing in any team can also cost money and its s shame that it has become too much for you to play as much as you would like. Maybe if you explained the situation to your team mates you could elect not to eat the food and be excused from the cost, and just not enter the football card etc as surely thats not something they can force on you?

Good luck with your playing.
Golf is expensive... I bought a special putter as a present... laser targeting in the 40 watt range, variable depth face pattern so that you never miss a putt ever or your money back - I am almost surprised it didn't come with a garden spade so you can dig a bigger hole on the green before you line up for a putt... and after all that, she can't use it as she is one of those sinister girls that needs special fussy left handed Golf Bats...

Let's be thankful they have not made left handed darts, yet.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Cheers everyone. i think it is just my depression getting me down, plus i can't stand greed for the sake of greed, just seems like the big boys of darts, not just Target, want to see how far they can push punters before they push back. For me a prime example is the marketing of MvG, i am not against this, he is a fantastic player, and should be rewarded for his endeavors, as should they all, but how many sets of darts bearing his name has he actually ever used??, seems like every time a player wins a major tournament, we get a new set of their darts. It is not just darts or sport that wind me up lol, the world has gone profit mad, gas, electric, food, petrol, water, all of them, and if they can't make more money than they did last year, then the like's of you and i get laid off, go figure. Sorry for the rant, must make an appointment with my Doctor lol.
(09-17-2018, 12:30 PM)Ryk Wrote: Golf is expensive... I bought a special putter as a present... laser targeting in the 40 watt range, variable depth face pattern so that you never miss a putt ever or your money back - I am almost surprised it didn't come with a garden spade so you can dig a bigger hole on the green before you line up for a putt... and after all that, she can't use it as she is one of those sinister girls that needs special fussy left handed Golf Bats...

Let's be thankful they have not made left handed darts, yet.

Don't give them ideas lol, cos if you think about it, it might work lmao.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deals for Darts & Other Gear vanJupp 269 23,961 4 hours ago
Last Post: Calvinize
  Darts gear 4u Richa 6 807 03-14-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Richa
  New Monster gear at DC... Great White North 12 1,267 06-14-2017, 12:05 PM
Last Post: RubennnV