So I have decided to start playing soft tip darts after not playing darts for a couple years or so at all. I have never played soft tip before and wondered whether I can get some advice. I have seen a board I like from Winmau which looks good for around £25 so if anyone has an opinion on that it would be awesome. Also what darts are good? Also can you change the stems and flights on soft tip freely like you can on steel tip? Many thanks for putting up with the silly questions. Cheers Ben

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
Did the same in Jan of this year. After a long layoff we played in a soft tip league. A lot different player vibe than steel players but not in a bad way I think.You may run into sandbagging a lot in league play or at least we did here in the states.
As far as boards....there are some threads here on them, check'em out. I have an Arachnid 850 (I think it's an 850) that works well but it's loud. I use that for practice the day of league. I put conversion point on and using a Blade 5 for 95% of my practice. They make steel, titainum, and carbon points. The carbon are nice because they are the same weight as the plastic tips...about 15 dollars for 6 of them. Get the long ones because they wear down.
 There are sooooo many darts out there now to choose from and yes,you can use different stems,flights..all that,just like steel. You might want to look into a flight system that locks your flights on. You'll get a bunch of bounce outs in soft tip, not the players fault...just the nature of the boards. The flights seem to come off a lot when they hit the floor. I use the punched flights with titanium rings which work great!! You'll also want to get some good soft tip points as there is a difference. I use the Fit Point Plus. A bit pricey but they are worth it in my humble opinion. I'm using 20gm Daytona Fires right now for both steel and soft...at least I'm trying...LOL....I think I can throw a little better with heavier darts but this way I don't have to switch.
If you really want to get out and play a lot....soft tip players are a lot easier to find here...almost every bar has a machine or two. You may find that it's a more relaxed game than steel and the trips and doubles are huge so it can make for a fun night out if your not looking for a serious game.
Have fun and shoot well!! Big Grin
(09-14-2018, 02:50 PM)Baloos Wrote: Did the same in Jan of this year. After a long layoff we played in a soft tip league. A lot different player vibe than steel players but not in a bad way I think.You may run into sandbagging a lot in league play or at least we did here in the states.
As far as boards....there are some threads here on them, check'em out. I have an Arachnid 850 (I think it's an 850) that works well but it's loud. I use that for practice the day of league. I put conversion point on and using a Blade 5 for 95% of my practice.
 There are sooooo many darts out there now to choose from and yes,you can use different stems,flights..all that,just like steel. You might want to look into a flight system that locks your flights on. You'll get a bunch of bounce outs in soft tip, not the players fault...just the nature of the boards. The flights seem to come off a lot when they hit the floor. I use the punched flights with titanium rings which work great!!I'm using 20gm Daytona Fires right now for both steel and soft...at least I'm trying...LOL....I think I can throw a little better with heavier darts but this way I don't have to switch.
If you really want to get out and play a lot....soft tip players are a lot easier to find here...almost every bar has a machine or two. You may find that it's a more relaxed game than steel and the trips and doubles are huge so it can make for a fun night out if your not looking for a serious game.
Have fun and shoot well!! Big Grin
Thanks for that

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
Welcome aboard Ben! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]