My Gladiator II came in...
After sending the Bandit plus back, I was a little down and concerned that I wouldn't get what I wanted at my price point but the Gladiator II came in and it is exactly what I wanted. Happiness! It is very quiet and the spider is thin, as long as it hold up, I'm good. Beautiful board.
Harrows Black ICE 24gr
Harrows Dimplex 26gr Powerpoints
Harrows 23gr Powerpoints
Magic Darts 25gr w/Powerpoints"

Nice, enjoy it. One of the best boards (still) on the market IMO
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Great choice, really can’t beat the Gladiator boards.
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I agree. I've never had a board this nice, and it was not expensive. The blade is lined up perfect with the segments and pressed in correctly, no crushed sisal. The segments are printed perfectly, I could not find a flaw in this board!
Harrows Black ICE 24gr
Harrows Dimplex 26gr Powerpoints
Harrows 23gr Powerpoints
Magic Darts 25gr w/Powerpoints"

Thanks for the info, I was trying to decide between these two boards.
A very good board indeed
My next board as well. I have no way to actually see any boards close up so just go by the reviews and comments from you guys. I've had the Blades now want one of these to abuse
nice, I have one incoming Smile
This has been the first board I've been genuinely disappointed with.  I had to take it down after only a month and a half of daily play because the blade kept rising up and coming out.  I rotated it every week, kept it at pretty steady temperatures, never used board ripping points, and still an early death.  I was able to hammer the blade back down in but it would just come back out in a day or two.  Also, it had a really annoying stickiness sometimes when removing darts that would leave a lot of residue on the points (my Eclipse Pro had the same problem).

Aesthetically, I really liked the board, and I hope the one I got was just a rare defect.  Personally, I don't know if I'd buy another one though.  A Blade 5 is up in its place.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Why not contact the supplier with your pictures?
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Not that it matters, but is that a G2 or 3?  My G3 spider is also lifting, so contacted the supplier.  Just a few minutes ago, sent him pics showing the spider lifting and the back showing date and SN.  Seems there was a bad batch, so he'll check if mine is included in that lot.  Shot of the 3 segment:

These things happen, just hope it'll be resolved in my favour...
Thanks for the post. I have to try out a gladiator as it is one of the boards I have yet to throw arrows at. At the moment I am using a blade 5 dual core - it has lasted a full year which is always a bonus.
(05-01-2019, 10:50 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
It's a G2.

I bought it on Amazon last summer and kept it boxed until my Blade 4 needed replaced in March. It's well beyond the return date, and reaching out to One80 about it seems like too much of a hassle. More appealing to just put up a new one and move on.

It's strange how the bull rings stayed somewhat low but the outer bits had come up high enough to leave a gap underneath. It's like it was bent and forced into the sisal when it was made and kept fighting to go back to its bent shape.
It is strange, but I've seen it happen on a few boards with different brands.  Usually not that extreme - and in this case - not that soon.

Amazon's tough because of their return date policies - and you'd have to ship it back.  In Canada, that's a show stopper right there!  I just got word on my G3.  Supplier's a small shop, but very knowledgeable.  So I'm getting a new board.

In the meantime, I'm already scheming how I might repair my existing board.  Although I have other boards to use, the sisal's still perfect on that G3.  So thinking of ways to press the spider back in and secure with a long fence staple or two.  Attached where the spider protrudes beyond the doubles area.  Be a big chunk of metal to hit with a dart, so might have to think on that a bit. Wink

cheers...
Just curious...did you use any intense lighting when you had that problem come up? I had a couple 1500-lumen LED bulbs about 20 inches from the board and it made me wonder if the lights were 'cooking' the sisal, for lack of a better term, making it shrink/distort/harden/whatever and forcing the spider into a new shape/position.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator 3+ Phil McKeown 15 391 12-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: thurgood107
  Gladiator 3 Chappers 18 1,556 06-25-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 180 issue that just cropped up gumbo2176 10 1,375 05-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Gladiator III First Impressions codo180 31 2,300 05-06-2019, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  I hate my new gladiator 111 is it counterfeit? 12b4 42 4,233 12-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  gladiator gen 3. / winmau blade 4. nightcrawler 9 763 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 3 question TJ106 16 1,344 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Last Post: minime
  Gladiator 3? woodskins 6 1,019 02-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: zweeback
  Gladiator III to the US? MadMike4 52 7,696 12-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Should I get a Gladiator II? MadMike4 8 1,694 03-21-2017, 07:07 AM
Last Post: The G