Remove champagne rings L-Style
Recently began to use L-Style flights and stems. I'm very pleased with it so far but one question came up:

How do you remove the champagne ring from the flight without having to bend the flight? Big Grin

When I tried it I had to bend the flight so much, that the plastic turned white at some areas. Had to use a point of another dart to get under the cap but there should be a better way of doing it I reckon Big Grin

So how do you do it?
Practice. Patience. Perfection. - John Lowe
I push 2 sides of the flight down so its almost flat then pop them out. Never bent a flight yet!
Darts: Too many to list here thanks to this forum!
2017 180's - 2
2018 Target - 9/12
So far I have removed them when the flights are already dead... So no issues with bended flightsSmile
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
(09-08-2018, 11:39 AM)Stefan Gusko Wrote: Recently began to use L-Style flights and stems. I'm very pleased with it so far but one question came up:

How do you remove the champagne ring from the flight without having to bend the flight? Big Grin

When I tried it I had to bend the flight so much, that the plastic turned white at some areas. Had to use a point of another dart to get under the cap but there should be a better way of doing it I reckon Big Grin

So how do you do it?

(09-08-2018, 12:49 PM)Cs_89 Wrote: I push 2 sides of the flight down so its almost flat then pop them out. Never bent a flight yet!

I kinda do what Cs89 does, but the bend is just very slight. 

Also, there's one particular side where it pops out easier, and one or two sides where it's almost impossible. Doesn't make sense since the flight is so even but that's what I found.

And sometimes after you've found that easier side, pushing it out a little more from the top helps.
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
Thanks for the help. Will try it out Smile
Practice. Patience. Perfection. - John Lowe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L-Style Champagne 'Punch'. DIY Video on Pg #2 Ancient Darter 15 3,207 07-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip