BDO announce a lift on players restrictions
(08-22-2018, 08:45 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Please translate it into "my" english.

This means that from October 1, 2018, current PDC Tour Card holders are permitted to enter BDO qualifying events providing they are not serving a period of ineligibility imposed by the BDO, the World Darts Federation or any member body of the WDF.

What does it mean? What kind of qualifying events can the PDC players enter and what does that bold sentence stand for? Example, can Gary Anderson play at any BDO Open (like Czech Open etc.?)

I've bumped into that article a while ago on twitter. Here's the full article.
https://www.live-darts.com/category/bdo-...-20180822/

I think BDO qualifying events are all events that carry ranking points, but not a BDO expert, so maybe someone knows better or can confirm if I am correct.

And I guess the bold sentence means, if a player is banned for some reason (failed drugtest for example), he can't enter the events.
[Image: vVSMqoP.png]
Cheers for that.
Great news!
[Image: R8O4PSc.jpg]
22g Peter Wright Mamba
Finally, the BDO lives up to the spirit of the 1997 Tomlin Order.
A bit of common sense at last!!! Hopefully the dinosaur s have left the building and from small acorns....
This is a really great announcement and not just from my Duzza-biased position!

I would imagine that this would only affect the overlapping band of top BDO players and lower ranked PDC ones but it seems at first glance that it would benefit both of those groups. I can't imagine any of the PDC big boys rolling up to a BDO event unless MvG fancies scooping a Finders Masters for his mantelpiece.

But more important than the specific ramifications of this decision it does at least point to the BDO accepting its position in the world of darts and working within that rather than sticking their head in the sand and pining for the days of Lowe, Jocky and Bristow throwing at staple boards in Jollees. (Although I would a tournament where the top players threw at an old board; let's see you average 110 with 3 bounce outs a leg!)
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
clapping itsallgood

Match Darts=Cosmo John Part ® 20.4g 

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

Don't forget PDC tour card holders can't appear on streams or TV of non PDC events.
So MvG is not allowed to play in the Finder Masters for example, unless the PDC agrees to it.
[Image: vVSMqoP.png]
(08-23-2018, 04:08 AM)vanJupp Wrote: Don't forget PDC tour card holders can't appear on streams or TV of non PDC events.
So MvG is not allowed to play in the Finder Masters for example, unless the PDC agrees to it.

Yes, I've read it a minute ago too. This also answers my question about pros entering BDO Opens.
https://dartsnews.com/pdc-chairman-hearn...es-remain/

This video is nice, it's mentioning this Darts Nutz thread :-)

(08-24-2018, 07:19 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Edit: Shortened nested quote and removed video

This video is nice, it's mentioning this Darts Nutz thread :-)

Nice find!  Gave me double vision watching the embedded video and seeing the thread scroll by!  But very cool  Cool