When do you replace flights?
Once my flights start to look like they've been nawed on I'll change them. I don't think they affect my game that much. It's more the appearance
I change them only when they're pretty much battered into submission & they've got nothing left to give !

Using the Designa DSX flights, they're tough as old nick & last weeks easily, sometimes months !!!

Personaly, I like flights better when they start to get a bit tatty & dog-eared. Seem to develop an understanding with them over time, as they reach their optimal point of reliability & predictability. Ha, may sound a bit weird, but it's true  yesyesyes

From an aesthetic point of view, i like them better as well. Can't beat a nice reliable set of flights, that are showing a few signs of war wounds & seeing a bit of action   mint

Match Darts : MvG 23g Masterdarts  /  Dartboard : Bulls Advantage 3
When they are brand new its like anything new you want to take care of it, so I find myself a little more reluctant keeping aiming for the same spot. Thus the beauty of the well worn flights, it's like they are on borrowed time.
Cosmo flights are quite strong material and spinning stems make them long life. I bought two sets early January and I have lost only one flight.
Not often for some reason I chuck better with slightly battered flights?
Anyone know a good site to purchase cosmo flights in bulk. Have to Drive 50min to the closes dart store. Rather just order in bulk online. Live in Canada. Thanks in advance!!?
(02-01-2019, 12:31 AM)Jesse Galer Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Moved post to a thread a little more related to the question.  If no one has a good answer, I would PM Cosmo Darts Europe who's a member.  He should know!

Use the search function at the bottom of the "Member List" page:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/memberlist.php

Edit:  And there you go!  Brian has posted just below!
(10-13-2018, 08:48 PM)Bloodycut Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I've had a mix result with them. Since I can just grab any design that I like off the design table and go play with them, I do it quite often. I can go through AIRs a lot faster.
However, for the past three months they've been having me play with our new line that comes out sometime this year hopefully. To be honest, in all seriousness I asked how we would make money because try as I might, I cannot destroy these things.

I've been playing with them daily for three months normally as well as doing things such as pinning three into the board then throwing 2 sets into them (all using the new flights) so that I would get a hard clumping of 9 darts all together. (Steel tipped, locked shafts to maximized damage). The edges look just as nice a a brand new set. The only damage I've been able to do was to stick a dart into the board at a perpendicular then lofted another dart at that one to arch in. It poked a hole in it that I was pretty much able to smooth out with my finger.
FIRST OFF... IM WEIRD WHEN IT COMES TO FLIGHTS. It seems that I may be the only one who does this, but I use mine until they get really deep cuts in them. I actually like them to be worn and cut. It’s weird but I feel more confident when my flights are worn! I’m nutz  Big Grin

The weirdest thing I do, I retire important sets of flights, I’ve got 4 special sets tucked away. (1 was my first set of flights, a battered set from my undefeated league season, a set from my first tournament I played in, and most recently the first tournament I won)
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I. no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
2019 180’s: 10/12
2019 Hat: 143/130

“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
(10-14-2018, 09:25 AM)vona1a Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterOMG!! I thought I was the only one!!!!! I literally just posted... looked up and read this haha Big Grin
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I. no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
2019 180’s: 10/12
2019 Hat: 143/130

“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates