Mending nylon shafts.
If you bend one of the prongs on the end of a nylon
shaft tie a bit of cotton round it until it's straight again
then drop it in a cup of boiling water, leave until the
water cools and the nylon will have reset. Saves
throwing your shaft away.  Wink
Too much trouble for something that cost $.50 for 3 when ordered from the UK.
I have a supply of nylon shafts (different colors and different lengths) and poly flights (different colors, but all Standard size because I can cut them down to whatever size I want) that’ll undoubtedly outlive me. I bought a bulk supply of shafts and flights several years ago and my hoard is only a little smaller today than then. I think I’m probably a good example of how a lot of the posters here do it.
I too have a good amount of spare shafts but I like to use
them until they break permanently. Look after the pennies/cents
and the £/$ look after themselves.  Big Grin
As far as I'm concerned flights and stems are cheap consumables so I have loads of spares, and once they start to even get a little loose I bin them, so getting bent would be a definite chuck lol. Thanks for the tip though as some may find it useful.
I think it's a great idea and will give it a try, but with the crazy electricity prices here in Australia, the cost of heating the water could well be more than the value of the stem, lol.

Edit: Actually I could use my cup of tea and the tea bag string. Zero cost.  Cool
[Image: i6coee.jpg]
With regard to waste avoidance i think its a good idea...i try to save as much plastic/nylon as i can
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
Yeah that tip is mentioned before on the forum, forget who or where it is but its a handy tip Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I'm 66. Not much time left. I think I'll find other ways to waste what precious little time I have left. Now if I was 30 I might give it a try. Wink
Liberal heathen
(08-20-2018, 02:20 PM)cubdog Wrote: I'm 66. Not much time left. I think I'll find other ways to waste what precious little time I have left. Now if I was 30 I might give it a try. Wink

Really? Does that mean I best start planning my death bed now? I'm your age man and have a ton of life.................I hope.

BTW, I'm cheap as can get and toss out the bent shafts and have thought about chucking out darts with broke points. LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teflon Tape For Nylon Shaft Threads Scorpion 13 2,176 04-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Last Post: TNSIN