OPINION: BDO crisis deepens as uncertainty about governance and immediate future aris
(08-18-2018, 09:23 PM)Papa w Wrote: Think they have just got to literally rip up the schedule,board and system s in place and literally start again and totally restructure itself and bring in new systems and a governing body.....

That would be the right path in theory, but the BDO made a crucial mistake by offloading various responsibilities to the home country organizations in the past: If the World Championship dies and there's no reason for the BDO to sanction tournaments all over the world anymore, it would have to turn itself into a normal national org that simply runs tournaments in its own country that feed into a national ranking list - but that role is already taken by England Darts now. As it stands, the only useful job the BDO still does is running inter-county darts, and that could easily be taken over by somebody else, too. Anything in darts that involves more than just British players is being done better by the PDC now.
(08-15-2018, 09:00 PM)Dartsweb Wrote: Hi Nutz,

It's been a while! I've written an article on the BDO crisis and the outcome of the chairmanship vote. I also spoke to Chris Mason on the matter and looked more deeply into the crisis itself. Have a read and let me know what you think!

https://dartsweb.wordpress.com/2018/08/1...re-arises/

Darts is a blast. No excuse for the BDO to keep doing bad. Make it fun. PDC needs to do the same. Yes I know Skysports is forcing things on them. Bring nack the girls, the cigarettes, the booze. Darts is fun not chess
If players boozing it up on camera was still what people wanted to see, the BDO tournaments would be much more popular, what with the inevitable views of the well-populated players bar...

And cigarettes? Please. The players usually can't smoke anywhere in the arenas due to public or building codes now, let alone on stage, regardless of what the PDC or Sky might want. Anyway, if watching other people smoke is really your idea of fun (takes all kinds, I suppose), you're best served sticking to 40-year-old TV shows.
No need whatsoever to bring back drink or cigarettes to dart audiences.
All that is needed is for the B.D.O. to get rid of the archaic bloke in charge.
(08-20-2018, 04:28 AM)woodmagnet Wrote: No need whatsoever to bring back drink or cigarettes to dart audiences.
All that is needed is for the B.D.O. to get rid of the archaic bloke in charge.

What archaic bloke in charge? If you mean Olly Croft then he went several years ago.
No I mean Gilbey, he's not as bad as Croft but needs
to move with times instead of the stuck in the mud
attitude surrounding the B.D.O. I was a long standing 
member for years but left because of Croft.
(08-20-2018, 02:27 PM)woodmagnet Wrote: No I mean Gilbey, he's not as bad as Croft but needs
to move with times instead of the stuck in the mud
attitude surrounding the B.D.O. I was a long standing 
member for years but left because of Croft.

Gilbey stood down from the chairman role several years ago as well - 2012 or 2013 - Sue Williams was in charge from then until the AGM at the start of the month when Des Jacklin was voted in as chairman
By heck I have been away from Darts for a long time. I need
to start reading up on what I have missed. I came back to life
last June after 12 yrs in a wheelchair sitting like a zombie.
Prescription drugs had me in a bad way, now I'm off them
and back playing again, In future i'll have to remember and check
my facts before posting.  Blush
(08-19-2018, 07:17 PM)Zeyes Wrote: If players boozing it up on camera was still what people wanted to see, the BDO tournaments would be much more popular, what with the inevitable views of the well-populated players bar...

And cigarettes? Please. The players usually can't smoke anywhere in the arenas due to public or building codes now, let alone on stage, regardless of what the PDC or Sky might want. Anyway, if watching other people smoke is really your idea of fun (takes all kinds, I suppose), you're best served sticking to 40-year-old TV shows.

I like reality. Shoot me. Darts isnt track and field. Takes all kinds I guess
Don't know about reality, but you certainly seem to like nonsensical comparisons.