simple solution to lower dartboard
I recently installed a new dartboard using drywall anchors but I miscalculated the height and the dartboard was over 1/4 inch too high.   Sad  This was very frustrating because I spent so much time trying to get the bracket to the exact height. Unfortunately, I forgot to take into account the width of the drywall anchors. (they're quite wide) Since I couldn't just move the drywall anchors down a 1/4 inch without having to find another spot on the wall to install them, I came up with a much better solution.  I used a Dremel to cut a 1/4 inch off of the slot in the bracket.  I first used a sharpie on the bracket to mark the exact amount I needed to remove. It worked out very well and I was able to lower a dartboard to the exact height!  I am sure you can use this technique to lower the dartboard by about an inch.   (I've included some pictures of before, after, and an overlap with an unmodified bracket. I also included a picture of the Dremel I used.)

“Necessity is the mother of invention”
Well done .
Match Darts=DPC Level 5’s ® 22g 

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

Are you sure you have miscalculated it? Seems like it's less than 3mm difference.

Here's what happens to us when we were installing 5 dartboards at a pub. They were all mounted on the same wall, we used a laser to have it top notch. Then after everything had been done we rotated some dartboards and suddenly we saw that it wasn't in a line at all. No one could ever notice that if it weren't for the laser that we were using at the moment. Imho, 3mm is nothing... It's nice though if you can solve things easily .-)
Nice and easy,and now it's right too!
DARTS-Phase 5 purist/ Power 9fives 26g
SHAFTS-Target Power shaft (intermediate) 
FLIGHTS-Newcastle Utd (standard)
BOARD-Target Power Board
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile
[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
Good job. My non-techno approach to a 1/4” too high dartboard would probably have been putting a small piece of 1/4” plywood on the floor where I stand when shooting.
(08-12-2018, 12:31 PM)Adams Wrote: Good job.   My non-techno approach to a 1/4” too high dartboard would probably have been putting a small piece of 1/4” plywood on the floor where I stand when shooting.

My wife wouldn't be too happy if I had a piece of plywood on the living room floor.  LOL  Smile
(08-12-2018, 10:05 AM)elevendarter Wrote: Are you sure you have miscalculated it? Seems like it's less than 3mm difference.

Here's what happens to us when we were installing 5 dartboards at a pub. They were all mounted on the same wall, we used a laser to have it top notch. Then after everything had been done we rotated some dartboards and suddenly we saw that it wasn't in a line at all. No one could ever notice that if it weren't for the laser that we were using at the moment. Imho, 3mm is nothing... It's nice though if you can solve things easily .-)

Yes, you're right. It was actually somewhere between 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch. I am used to the metric system.   LOL
One other thing I forgot to mention is that since the middle part of the bracket is away from the wall, you can cut the bracket without having to remove it from the wall.  Smile
(08-13-2018, 01:38 AM)whippet0 Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 12:31 PM)Adams Wrote: Good job.   My non-techno approach to a 1/4” too high dartboard would probably have been putting a small piece of 1/4” plywood on the floor where I stand when shooting.

My wife wouldn't be too happy if I had a piece of plywood on the living room floor.  LOL  Smile

I can see that happening.   I would’ve used a ~3’x3’ piece that could have been put out for use and back into storage when done, but as I remember my ex, she wouldn’t have tolerated that--or for that matter, even a dartboard either..   My ideas come from an “I live alone so my whole place is a man-cave” mentality, so nothing I ever say is wife-approved.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mounting dartboard slightly lower Des99 8 228 09-22-2018, 02:08 AM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  I think Phil Taylor has the solution to darts in the US Porkchop 31 2,224 04-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Battery Solution LorenzoParedes26scored 16 2,655 02-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Henniebrandweer
  Do you have a dedicated lighting solution for your board? Danger Mouse 33 4,098 09-09-2016, 12:29 AM
Last Post: John_B