Buying/trying
How does everyone go about buying darts. I use A-Z for my dart supplies. But I dont want to buy a set online unless I know how exactly how they feel and fly. What is everyone's opinion?
As there's very few proper bricks and mortar darts shops these days, unless you either live near one of them or you can have a throw with someones arrows the pub on match nights then there's not really any other option than chancing it and buying online.
(08-11-2018, 06:57 PM)mc1958 Wrote: As there's very few proper bricks and mortar darts shops these days, unless you either live near one of them or you can have a throw with someones arrows the pub on match nights then there's not really any other option than chancing it and buying online.

That is what I always believed. Thank you for confirming.
Getting lucky enough to try out other peoples darts on league nights is the only way 99.9% of us ever get to try out darts.
(08-12-2018, 12:29 AM)Adams Wrote: Getting lucky enough to try out other peoples darts on league nights is the only way 99.9% of us ever get to try out darts.

Thanks
(08-11-2018, 06:47 PM)harnerr Wrote: How does everyone go about buying darts. I use A-Z for my dart supplies. But I dont want to buy a set online unless I know how exactly how they feel and fly. What is everyone's opinion?

To see if there is a dart store near you, go to your location on Google maps, click "Nearby" and type in "dart supply store" in the search box.
I have a ton of darts bought trying to find the perfect grip. Once I figured out I like lighter darts and grip from the rear it made purchasing more darts much nicer and the anticipation that much more fun because I know it'll be similar to what I like. Good luck finding your favorite.
I tend to hop around dartshops to test their test sets or buy them online to try. After some time playing, you will find which barrel shapes suit you more and u will tend to get something similar.
Here where I am now theres a great shop where they will let you actually take out the darts and try them. They dont have the biggest selection obviously compared to dartscorner or anything but its still a nice touch. Thats how I tried the 80% van Barneveld's I ended up getting for their superior grip, though I've since moved up to the 90% MvG originals
(08-12-2018, 03:06 AM)bkbum Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 06:47 PM)harnerr Wrote: How does everyone go about buying darts. I use A-Z for my dart supplies. But I dont want to buy a set online unless I know how exactly how they feel and fly. What is everyone's opinion?

To see if there is a dart store near you, go to your location on Google maps, click "Nearby" and type in "dart supply store" in the search box.

Thanks for the info. I have found a place in southern Washington, and when I get there I found out that they dont have jack. I travel a good bit of the year and Google maps is my friend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying Darts Darts-Lass 16 8,777 04-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Lefty544