Flights-big(No2)–StandardShape
Smile 
Hey there,

can someone help me with the flight shapes?
I currently play with the Amazon standard size flights. The don't last that long for me.
I know there are Target flights, Pentathlon and the ones from Amazon that have the No2 shape. I'm searching for new No2 flights. Does anyone know flights from another company which are No2 standard size?
Typically with most manufacturers, if it says standard, it will be the No.2 shape you are talking about.  The smaller, slightly tapered "standard" is called "Marathon" by Harrows and "No.6" by Target.  Sometimes you will see it listed simply as "Shape" but you can usually tell by the pictures on most sites whether it is the true standard or the tapered version. Now, unless I am mistaken, RAW, V180, Winmau, Victory, and most Designa flights are the are all the same as the No.2 "standard" shape you are looking for.  Hope this helps and best of luck!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 2 (22g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
(08-10-2018, 02:28 PM)Red Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Ok, thanks a lot, that really helps me with searching for new flights Smile  I will look on dartscorner for some good flights from Winmau or Designa.
(08-10-2018, 02:28 PM)Red Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Are the Designa DSX flights the great flight shape? How durable are they? I played with the Amazon flights and they sometimes ripped off on the top. I had two sets of Pentathlon flights to try them out and they were much more durable than the Amazons. Unfortunately they have not been in stock at dartscorner for two weeks now ):
As well as size look for the micron thickness of the flight, the current decent standard is 100 it seems, anything less are thinner so will take more punishment quicker.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
(08-24-2018, 10:29 AM)FelixDarter180 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Designa flights are the same as the No.2 shape you referred to in your original post.  I haven't used them extensively but I have gone through a handful of sets.  I would say they are as durable as any other poly flight in the 100 micron range.  More so that Pentathlon Color Plus flights, which I was stuck on for a short while?  Probably not but then again, they are dirt cheap so if they don't last quite as long, no matter.  I would suggest you buy a few sets from several manufacturers and see what works best for you.  In the end, I am sure it would be money well spent.  Also, I just checked the DC website and they have plenty of Pentathlon flights in stock.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 2 (22g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
(08-24-2018, 08:17 PM)Red Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Ok, thank you. I search for black flights only as they are part of my match setup. And the black Pentathlom flights aren't in stock on DC this time.
(08-24-2018, 08:23 PM)FelixDarter180 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
These are the ones I was stuck on for quite awhile.  They are black and clear.....

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=16425
- Red

Current Favorite:

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
There's a bit more mess with sizes of the standard flights..

Unicorn flights - most of Unicorn flights are a fraction smaller than other No6 flights of other brands. However, Unicorn also make other standard sizes like Big Wings flights etc. On the other hand, it can be quite well spotted by picture and it's also named correctly. It's not too likely you would have bought the wrong size if you are aware of the fact.

Harrows flights - it's not true that the smaller ones are called Marathon. Marathon is just one of the ranges of Harrows flights. BTW, they were one of the thicker (100 micron) flights that I had discovered 20 years ago. At the first glance it sounded to me like they're the flights that will last long - thus Marathon. All Harrows standard flights are the No6 size. Except for the Max Air which are a bit longer.

Target flights - Target makes both sizes. The ones that are very same like the Harrows flights and the ones that are very same size like the Amazons. Again, you shouldn't have bought the wrong size by mistake if you know.

Winmau, One80, Pentathlon and a few more brands. - usually the same size like Amazon. I think though that Shot makes the No6 size as well.

Designa flights - and here's the thing. Some of the Designa flights are a tiny fraction smaller than the Amazon flights although they both still belong to the No2 size family:-) IIRC, it's the Designa DSX Collection what is the smaller version (narrower should be the word). The Designa DSX Colours flights are the same like Amazon.

To make you less confused I'd say that the tiny differencies among different kinds of No2 flights (respectively between different No6 flights - like Harrows v Unicorn) are minimal. All that matters is whether you prefer No2 or No6. Could be that you can play well with both anyway...

BTW, if you like black flights then take a look at the Amazon Pattern flights.

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Shot flights I have used have held up very well as well as Pentathalon.