Unicorn Jelle Klaasen World Champion Natural 20g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbkXZSaioiE

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

Thanks to Unicorn for sending these for review and if you would like to win them be sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel as I will be giving them away in my 15k subscriber prize draw very soon Smile  These are the Unicorn Jelle Klaasen World Champion darts in the natural version, there is a DNA and Noir version available too.  They are 97% tungsten and this is the 20g and they are available in 22g and 24g and also in soft tip in 18g and 20g.  They have the vapour blast coating on the front of the barrel and the Y-Grip on the rear.  They come in the deluxe packaging and retail for £89.95.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the very nice new deluze packaging although the Noir version has a kind of silky material covering this version is slightly glossy white paper covering the hard cardboard.  The box has an outer sleeve and is still quite stylish with the gold lettering.  The main box is made up of two flaps that open up left and right to reveal a centre tray holding the contents.  The left inside flap has info on the darts and the right inside flap has info on the player.  In the centre there is a small piece of foam covering the darts which are held in a dense foam inset and fitted with gripper 3 Mirage purple stems and Jelle Klaasen Ultrafly flights.  If you left up the foam insert underneath is the nice Icon case:

[Image: o1TgQxv.jpg]

[Image: snOlng6.jpg]

[Image: Ym9dqsS.jpg]

[Image: iLvMWMk.jpg]

[Image: MUGTH3R.jpg]

[Image: NwFYPDv.jpg]

[Image: WXuaFwI.jpg]

[Image: QE2XKEI.jpg]

PICS OF THE DARTS:

[Image: D2IJtiI.jpg]

[Image: MMk4Bpj.jpg]

[Image: d7yWJHk.jpg]

[Image: h9nyo4I.jpg]

[Image: GKchpiI.jpg]

[Image: fxEH8LX.jpg]

[Image: WqqOUIJ.jpg]

[Image: sRAOEic.jpg]

[Image: oklSPFK.jpg]

[Image: CspOGKK.jpg]

[Image: 5eSAlHG.jpg]

[Image: IcnkojH.jpg]

[Image: pbHq9kw.jpg]

[Image: QJAxKLx.jpg]

[Image: q6bk7oj.jpg]

[Image: CO1lMwD.jpg]

[Image: e302Vfj.jpg]

The dart is a fairly unique shape and style, it has a tapered front then a large groove or scallop and then the rear is slightly tapered towards the end.  The nose of the barrel is quite wide and square shaped.  The front half of the barrel has the vapour blast coating which has a very slight gritty or powdery feel but is low level grip. The centre scallop section is quite deep with some rings although I cant feel the rings but can feel the edgy front part so I guess you could say the centre is high medium grip.  The rear has two double diagonal lines of the Y shaped grip.  Its possible to feel the grip but it just feels like little grooves so overall its still low level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

[Image: tUps51s.jpg]

WEIGHT:

All matched perfectly!!!! :

[Image: 2Slt8rN.jpg]

[Image: oGtCS19.jpg]

[Image: HqUF76F.jpg]

Weight of full setup as supplied:

[Image: m1yxtdh.jpg]

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was at the centre:

[Image: HrpGCGJ.jpg]

With supplied setup  it moved to the rear:

[Image: zo2good.jpg]

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

[Image: aBC1fm1.jpg]

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Fully on the tapered front:

[Image: yOzJAEQ.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

When I first saw the pics of these darts I thought they were a bit less whacky than some of the previous Klaasen darts I have seen and had so I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed really.  I dont think I had the same compulsion to buy them like I had with his other sets so if I had not been sent a set I am not sure I would have got to try them.  But they are so much nicer in the flesh than what I thought they would be.  The very first time I took them out the box they just had that nice feel you get from some darts and I probably liked the feel of these more than the other Klaasen darts I have had.  Sadly for me though I dont think they suit me any better than the others lol  I never got on well with Klaasens other darts and although I think these probably work the best I still dont think they suit me as much as I would like them to, which is a bummer!

The darts are really very sleek and kind of stylish in a slightly understated way but I do have some reservations about that very wide square nose and also the big gap around the middle, but as its Klaasens darts they are obviously unique to suit his unique throw and not mine Smile  I never noticed any really bad deflections from the nose but I would say if your getting some you may want to use some trident cones or replace the points with something tapered.

The vapour coating has a kind of slightly non slip feel to me but physically its a low level grip and may depend on your levels of oil, sweat, temperature on how it feels for you but I never noticed any issues with my grip while throwing them.  Likewise the rear section has little grip and was a touch less grippy feeling than the front to me.  

Middle grippers have a nice datum point and also some grippiness due to the wide gap/groove/scallop whatever you want to call it.

I think the darts were nicely balanced overall but its not a long dart so that could be why but balance was best around middle and slightly towards the rear.  

The darts should suit middle and rear grippers best but I think some front grippers may like the feel of them and it was not too bad for me as a frontie and did seem to be flying smooth most of the time if a little flattish so if you get a chance to try them do so.

Quality seems to be nice on these and it was good to see them weight matched perfectly, if I was to nit pick I would say the paint was slightly sloppy but thats only from seeing it up close in my pics, I cant notice it with the naked eye.

I enjoyed throwing them but dont think they are quite right for me, but I can see them been very well liked by a lot its just a shame most will be put off trying them due to the high price, really that is the only thing wrong with these, a very nicely made and pleasant dart to throw but pricey. Smile

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (nice sleek looks)
Grip: 4 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 9.5 (very good)
Value: 5 (expensive)
Suitability for me: 6 (almost ok but not quite)

Best Feature: Balance Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Another great review, and reviewed darts index updated.  As my grip is similar, getting feedback on the blast coating is good to know!
Nicely done review as always . The Darts aren’t my cup of tea,but I would still be interested in trying them just for curiosity sake.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

Nice review, Darren... But i didnt expect something different ,lol

Im not a fan of Klaasen... But his darts are unique and have something special. 

But... UNICORN...please...Deluxe package, Deluxe price... And then i see these miserably painted black rings. Are you kidding me?
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
(08-09-2018, 05:54 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Another great review, and reviewed darts index updated.  As my grip is similar, getting feedback on the blast coating is good to know!

Thanks Glen, I am not sure it will last that long but nice enough while it does Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-09-2018, 05:59 PM)The G Wrote: Nicely done review as always . The Darts aren’t my cup of tea,but I would still be interested in trying them just for curiosity sake.

Cheers Ken, I think its one of those darts you need to try, you may be surprised and like them Smile

(08-09-2018, 06:00 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Nice review, Darren... But i didnt expect something different ,lol

Im not a fan of Klaasen... But his darts are unique and have something special. 

But... UNICORN...please...Deluxe package, Deluxe price... And then i see these miserably painted black rings. Are you kidding me?

Thanks mate! I was going to say they should have put purple rings on instead of black or may be a purple pvd coating to match the setup with the stems and flights Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always, normally i would say just send them to me on a giveaway, but i doubt i`d be able to throw these over priced Plumbobs lol
I had a bit of a design flaw with mine currently in the process of waiting for unicorn to reply
I like the looks of them other than the front. LOL The blasted section just isn't for me but the review.............awesome yet once again.
And BTW, talk of precision all weighing in exact!!
Thanks, great review!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Glen Durrant World Champion Series 2 24g darts review Getagrip 21 4,753 08-24-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Unicorn Lumina DNA 21g darts review Getagrip 37 24,661 07-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Last Post: dervish
  Unicorn John Lowe World Champion Phase 2 Golden 21g darts review Getagrip 40 8,872 06-20-2019, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Luca82cb
  Unicorn James Wade Phase 2 20g darts review Getagrip 23 44,608 05-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Last Post: denisska180
  Monster Jelle Klaasen 22g darts review Getagrip 35 11,426 05-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  Unicorn Super True Blue 24g darts review Getagrip 20 6,077 04-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn, RVB Phase 5, World Champion, 18G, 90% Tungsten, Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 6 1,538 02-28-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 19 3,035 02-15-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: neil_kman
  Unicorn John Lowe World Champion Ambassador 21g darts review Getagrip 28 13,038 02-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Jelle Klaasen 21g Silver Star review The Jester 41 5,903 01-23-2019, 11:51 PM
Last Post: italNZ