Tip for playing Cricket
(12-19-2014, 07:11 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: I too find I'm more accurate on the 16 or doubles on that side of the board if I slide a bit to the left when throwing at them. Funny, because all other numbers I pretty much hit the same mark on the line to throw at them. Must be that whole left brain, right brain thing.

Right eye dominant I bet? the 16 is usually just far enough to the left to cause a right hander to turn their heads a bit causing their view to change just a hair. If you want to make it so you don't have to move you need to focus on your follow through. When your head turns slightly it makes your follow through pull a bit because mechanically your eye & arm connection are used to being in the same line. So in effect your eye is pulling your arm a hair up and to the left. I hit a ton of trip 8's and a bunch of one hole out into the fat 16's.

**This is just my guess what happens to me in my experience. I am far from a trained dart thrower. Take any advice above at your own risk**
(01-22-2015, 06:14 PM)steveo Wrote:
(12-19-2014, 07:11 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: I too find I'm more accurate on the 16 or doubles on that side of the board if I slide a bit to the left when throwing at them. Funny, because all other numbers I pretty much hit the same mark on the line to throw at them. Must be that whole left brain, right brain thing.

Right eye dominant I bet? the 16 is usually just far enough to the left to cause a right hander to turn their heads a bit causing their view to change just a hair. If you want to make it so you don't have to move you need to focus on your follow through. When your head turns slightly it makes your follow through pull a bit because mechanically your eye & arm connection are used to being in the same line. So in effect your eye is pulling your arm a hair up and to the left. I hit a ton of trip 8's and a bunch of one hole out into the fat 16's.

**This is just my guess what happens to me in my experience. I am far from a trained dart thrower. Take any advice above at your own risk**

Interesting. I too bang t8 all the time going for t16. I can't tell you how many times I've hit 7 8s going for 16s.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
bump
(01-22-2015, 06:14 PM)steveo Wrote: Right eye dominant I bet? the 16 is usually just far enough to the left to cause a right hander to turn their heads a bit causing their view to change just a hair. If you want to make it so you don't have to move you need to focus on your follow through. When your head turns slightly it makes your follow through pull a bit because mechanically your eye & arm connection are used to being in the same line. So in effect your eye is pulling your arm a hair up and to the left. I hit a ton of trip 8's and a bunch of one hole out into the fat 16's.

Man, it's like you have seen me throw at the 16's. I hit tons of T-8's just above the 16/8 dividing wire. And yes, I'm definitely right eye dominant since I have an astigmatism in my left eye that makes it a bit weaker than the right. That is the only number I tend to move over a bit when throwing at it. Not all the time, but if my darts are off, I'll slide over a couple inches on the oche.

Thanks Larry for bumping this. Don't know how I missed this piece of advice before.
Bump
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
Cricket is the best game in darts in my opinion. I always practice it throwing 20, 18, 19. Then 17, 16, 14. Then 3 at the bull. I never chase. I just like playing aggressive.

Bull is important especially at higher levels.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
What can you say about Gary Mawson's cricket strategy - for those who watched VB?

Ooopppss there goes my 7,000th post!
I heard some phenomenal cricket advice...

If you are the better player, try to extend the game. If you are playing a better player, try to shorten the game.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
(04-02-2016, 11:43 PM)Majeek Wrote: Ooopppss there goes my 7,000th post!

Congratulation.. Tongue :cigar: :stressed:
RebelModdarts: Tongue darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
(04-03-2016, 08:11 AM)Milkysunshine Wrote: I heard some phenomenal cricket advice...

If you are the better player, try to extend the game. If you are playing a better player, try to shorten the game.

That's the theory I go with. Eventually, the better player's odds increase as the game last longer.