Tip for playing Cricket
(11-19-2013, 03:21 PM)nadir Wrote: Dear Friends, I'm very new around here...

First post? That's very new! Welcome, and excellent post, first or otherwise.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(11-19-2013, 03:21 PM)nadir Wrote: Dear Friends, I'm very new around here. Here in Turkey Cricket game is very popular. I think It's more exciting than #01 games. reason is obvious. In #01 games strategy is easy. score as much as you can hitting 20, and dont miss the check out. Actually in #01 games you are playing playing with yourself, not againist your opponent. You may close your eyes while oppenents turn and just concentrate on your throws. But in cricket (Cut throat) you have to defend your weak points and offense with your strong points. Means changing strategies, according to tension of the game. Hitting triple is very important, Moreover hitting second triple is much more important. Which unavoidably makes your skills keener.
Critical decision while playing cricket is that. where to throw last dart in your hand. whether throwing it to 16 to close 16 for punishment, or throwing it to t17 to close it while your opponent waiting for to punish you!!
Regards, Nadir.

Welcome aboard Nadir!

I think your our first member from Turkey, good to hear from you Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Thanks for the replies to my quick question guys - much appreciated. If I can think of any others I'll ask them here Smile
I know some players if you aggressive and close bulls early they done dancing. Same with aggressive scoring - I have closed 20's and say scored 20, my opponent gets say 2 20's I go back and hit a lot of 20's and they get p.o. Had some say why you doing that? I say u don't want me to score then close them.
good stuff, larry
at what point in a high level steel Cricket game do you move on to the next number?
rule of thumb in (soft ) is about 100 pts . even a new player can hit a 5 mark to get back in the game.
(11-19-2013, 06:55 PM)181-3dartout Wrote: good stuff, larry
at what point in a high level steel Cricket game do you move on to the next number?
rule of thumb in (soft ) is about 100 pts . even a new player can hit a 5 mark to get back in the game.

Can't speak for Larry, but for me, it all depends on who I'm playing. Sometimes just a 2-3 bullseye (50-75 points) is enough to win the match. Then sometimes I find a 100+ pt. lead can be iffy when playing a good player and they get hot on even the bottom numbers.

Soft tip has such a large scoring area for the trips and doubles that it is much easier for a marginal player to score big every once in a while. Can you imagine the 9 dart 501 games if players like Taylor, Lewis, or MVG got to play on steel tip boards with premiums the size of soft tip.
(11-19-2013, 06:27 PM)*Saber* Wrote: I know some players if you aggressive and close bulls early they done dancing. Same with aggressive scoring - I have closed 20's and say scored 20, my opponent gets say 2 20's I go back and hit a lot of 20's and they get p.o. Had some say why you doing that? I say u don't want me to score then close them.

We have one such player in our Platinum division that goes straight for bulls on the first throw if he wins the cork----and he usually does.

Son of a gun usually hits 3-4 every time and that just blows almost everyone away except for the more experienced players. He's one of the most consistent high marks per turn players I've seen locally and leads the league in All-Stars in just about all categories.
thats what is great about Cricket vs 01
01 is like a rocky boxing match 3 punches (darts) to the face
than you punch him 3 times in the face
with cricket you can block (close) or attack (point)
i played cricket last night in league(soft with my daughter
two guys with my avg, my daughter alot less
they shot 4 mark 20
she shot s 19 s19
they shot s19 s19 s19
my shot , should go for 18's
t 17 , t17 smart money close the 19 , i a throw s17
that rattles them
they point a little , but leave the 17 still open
she closes 19 and t 20 , and s17
we end up wining the game , but lost 7-8 on the night
first losing night ,week 11 out 15 weeks

when in doubt, point, point , close!
If ya don't point in our league your most likely gonna lose.
cricket is an amazing game, what you should do often changes from dart to dart.
I have found that this causes me in a second to change plans.
I am fortunate that I have an experienced team mate who I play cricket with.

recognizing your team mates strong numbers, and weak numbers alike allows my team to capitalize on our opponent.

POINTS are everything!!!

I have piturbed other players by hitting points as often as I possibly can.
not because I am a jack, but to give my partner and I some working room. Cricket is a game that I have found can take a turn for the worst quickly so I get the points when I can.
There is no worse feeling imo than closing out the board and letting your opponent point out on bulls