Holiday tournament shenanigans (in majorca)
Hi guys

Whilst on my hols in Majorca they ran 2 darts tournies

Let me set the scene:

It was 'killer' and you had to:

Use basically the worst 3 darts ever: 2 x brass Stubby
with mad knurling, alu Stems and massive flights, my guess 16-18g and 1 soft tip convo that I'd guess was 18g and really long, again with alu stem and mad flights

Play outside

Use their "ahem" oche line.

Well I won the first day beating 20 people and only dropping 1 life. 

The next day I got down to the last 2 out of 39 however I lost to basically a mad lobbing lady who literally went t16, t1, d20 for 91. I had 2 bounce out of t19 and that was it. 

It was great fun seeing some really serious players go up and try and throw under those conditions.

1 guy who I could tell did play went up, set himself, aimed and went:

Off board left, off board top, fallout (from 1). Guy looked totally perplexed and devastated
Darts: 25g Jocky B&W darts copies
Stems: shorts
Flights: std
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 107 (22/6/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Those conditions sound like a great leveller! Fair play to the lobbing lady and her 91.

How long was it between rounds?

My brother was on a cruise once and saw a darts comp so went along. I thing he waited about an hour behind people who had never thrown a dart before and hit the biggest score of round one. He left halfway through round two despite still leading and sacrificing his prize of a cocktail voucher.
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Hi Banz

Not sure on the rounds lol as it was right near the bat which was a great distraction

The lobbing lady was mad. She'd basically just launch randomly at the board and always hit. Treble lol
Darts: 25g Jocky B&W darts copies
Stems: shorts
Flights: std
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 107 (22/6/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

I get you. Drink.......drink........drink.....throw......drink.....!

We had a an older lady in our league who threw with a full body shot put type motion. She'd bend her knees and then, as I say shot put the dart to the board. The darts could go anywhere as you'd expect but I once chalked while she threw a a 140 with the third dart right on the wire. You would have said it was impossible for her to hit one with her throwing style but there you go!
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
That sounds like it would have been a laugh. Got any video?  Big Grin
Most important thing was it was fun

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long to get back in the groove after a holiday ??? Papa w 1 72 09-04-2018, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Total Darts - holiday heads up mc1958 0 236 06-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  First Tournament winmauwayBC 6 181 02-16-2018, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Great White North
Question Team Shenanigans Lil E 8 538 01-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Lil E