Unicorn Mirage or Evolution?
What is the difference other than choice in weight and that beautiful Rosso finish? Thinking of buying a set and notice a big price difference, the Rosso is pretty but not that pretty if it is same dart.
Mirage's are the same except for having different weights which the dimensions change accordingly as well.
(07-04-2018, 05:19 PM)Great White North Wrote: Mirage's are the same except for having different weights which the dimensions change accordingly as well.

Thanks. Kind of what I thought. On one hand I think I am trying to make a responsible buying decision and on the other I am just being cheap (Go on chump...get those Rosso's....don't be a tightwad...you deserve it!) Ah yes, the stress of first world problems. LOL
(07-04-2018, 05:29 PM)Lonelybull Wrote: Thanks. Kind of what I thought. On one hand I think I am trying to make a responsible buying decision and on the other I am just being cheap (Go on chump...get those Rosso's....don't be a tightwad...you deserve it!) Ah yes, the stress of first world problems. LOL

Rosso's are a nice dart indeed, but in the end it's your decision unfortunately.  Good luck with that too. Big Grin
Totaldarts.uk has some nice Mirage darts in their Special offers. Very friendly.

Normally i buy my darts at Madhouse Darts of course, but i couldnt resist these offers.
[Image: kI8ebGq.png]
(07-04-2018, 06:16 PM)volla Wrote: Totaldarts.uk has some nice Mirage darts in their Special offers. Very friendly.

Normally i buy my darts at Madhouse Darts of course, but i couldnt resist these offers.

In the end I ended up going with a set of 26 gr Unicorn purist Phase 5. I have plenty of stems and flights to dress up the barrels with and still get the Rosso vibe and at a cheaper price. Initially I was put of by the rear of the purist barrel but the more I looked the better I liked the idea of the  grip on the rear of the barrel.
excellent choice Lonelybull,and of course you can try a few stem/flight combinations
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Unicorn Gripper 4 Elements (Long)
FLIGHTS-Unicorn Chris Dobey Big Wing 100g Micron
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
does the finish/coating of the rosso come off?
The Rosso finish will chip away like all dart coatings will, but it does add to the grip of the dart, extra grip.

Sounds like Lonelybull may have plumped for the LP grip phase 5s if they had grip at the rear of the barrel also.

Jim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution darts: Unique designs vanJupp 13 1,977 11-16-2019, 05:27 AM
Last Post: pkittle
  Unicorn Evolution Series - Phase 3 Purist Mackemchris 12 838 02-04-2019, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Red'75™
  Unicorn Phase 5 Evolution replicas/alternative RooieReetAap 2 658 10-26-2018, 06:03 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Shot Warrior evolution - coming 1st October 2018 mc1958 20 1,211 10-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: blink180
  Unicorn Taylor Evolution Phase 1 The G 9 1,113 12-31-2017, 01:23 AM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Unicorn Evolution Taylor Phase 5 The G 8 1,575 12-18-2017, 07:53 AM
Last Post: JayKay