Darts Glossary
I can't wait to start using some of these terms. I heard a player say to another we're Desmond. I asked him what is that? He said two games apiece.
(11-07-2015, 11:14 PM)unclekurty Wrote: I can't wait to start using some of these terms.  I heard a player say to another we're Desmond.  I asked him what is that?  He said two games apiece.

Yeah Desmond Tutu, I've heard football fans use that one.
Last time I played in the pub I hit D4 going for D18, than D9 for D14 then D5 with my last dart to finish and my opponent said I was lucky  infront ( well I think thats what he said ) LOL
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(11-18-2013, 03:33 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Thanks for a wealth of information. Being new to many of the terms it's made clear a few things I didn't quite get. Like the "ton". Why does that term refer to 100 when a ton is 2000 lbs?

I believe the origin of the term comes from the slang for reaching a 100 MPH when driving a car or motorbike, it was called 'doing a ton' and from there I reckon it was used by players and scorers for hitting a 100 in darts.

Cheers Smile
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."