Darts Glossary
A few more from my local:

2-YARD DASH -- what you do when your scoring dart is about to fall out.

DART JESUS -- the fella who takes your terrible throw at T20 and puts it in T18.

LIQUID SKILL -- beer.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(11-18-2013, 03:59 PM)*Saber* Wrote:
(11-18-2013, 03:54 PM)uncle poop Wrote: If I say what I wished for it won't come true. Ok it's for more darts and stems and a gold plated dart board.

what darts are u looking for or want?

I will be getting those Elka's grip reviewed the other day, they just look sweet, would like to put gold points on them as well. I am also ordering a few other sets not sure which ones yet just looking for a certain design that might work with my grip. Also want to try different stem systems, like the fit and l-style champagnes (that tool is so expensive though). And what ever else I can afford after all that.
Its like been a kid at Christmas, so many things to want!
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(11-18-2013, 03:33 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Thanks for a wealth of information. Being new to many of the terms it's made clear a few things I didn't quite get. Like the "ton". Why does that term refer to 100 when a ton is 2000 lbs?

sling,a ton is british slang for 100
I think ton comes from Cockney slang for £100 but not really sure why its called a ton??
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-18-2013, 07:40 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think ton comes from Cockney slang for £100 but not really sure why its called a ton??
I've heard my distant S. Yorks cousins use it to mean 100 miles per hour. "He were goin' a ton. It were brilliant!"
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

a ton is known as 100 all over the U.K. but I am not sure where it originates or why the word ton is used.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Interesting language here Nutz!
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
bump
I use a different definition of Splash -

The act of throwing two darts simultaneously - Used to determine random partnerships (Hi with Hi or Hi with Lo etc)