What's the last film you watched?
Bit of an update to this thread. The wife and I went to see "Leave No Trace" a few weeks ago. It is a very s-l-o-w moving film that features the man and girl who plays his daughter pretty heavily.

Without going into much detail, it's about a single dad, suffering from PTSD and his teenage daughter living off the grid. They are doing so in a National Park, which is against the law. They eventually get found out and removed by the authorities, who in turn do their best to set them up in more conventional living arrangements. The dad can't handle that and the rest of the movie is about them going back and forth between the wilderness and various normal living conditions. That is, until the end of the movie when a major decision is made.

Yeah, pretty bleak movie, but at least it didn't depend on CGI and any special effects to make it into a movie, which was, in a way, refreshing since it actually relied on acting and dialogue.
Wasn't this filmed in Portland? We were going to watch this one the other day but decided on "The Rider" instead.

"The Rider" is about the hardships that rodeo riders go through and involving some hard knocks and just the life revolving around that life style.
The cinematography was spectacular and any of you that love the horse will love this movie, I'm guessing.
Last week, I watched "The Dark Corner" with Lucille Ball and Clifton Webb. It is a very good example of a 1930s/1940s detective noir. Lucille Ball does an outstanding job of playing a smart outspoken woman in an era when women were not always accepted as being smart. And Clifton Webb portrays a smart and tough detective who has to figure out a complicated plot to frame him while at the same time he out maneuvers professional muscle (played by William Bendix).
oldguy

(08-19-2018, 07:10 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Wasn't this filmed in Portland? We were going to watch this one the other day but decided on "The Rider" instead.

"The Rider" is about the hardships that rodeo riders go through and involving some hard knocks and just the life revolving around that life style.
The cinematography was spectacular and any of you that love the horse will love this movie, I'm guessing.

If referring to "Leave No Trace", it was filmed on a ranch in Oregon from what I've found on the net.    Great scenery that looks just like you see on the TV show about that older guy living in the PNW forest----massive trees, wet conditions, lots of heavy vegetation and very hilly terrain.
Forest Park. That's the name of the area some of "Leave no trace" was filmed. I've been racking my brain trying to remember that name for a couple days. The movie gets high praise from this area of course.
Mechanic Resurection .

Match Darts=Unicorn John Part ® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

The Equalizer ll with Denzal Washington - I give it a 5 out of 10 - a real good movie I will give a 7 maybe. a 10 is a movie like Forrest Gump or Saving Private Ryan.
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
(06-18-2018, 05:52 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I've got loads of dvd's and blurays but don't seem to watch them much - I tend to just turn the tv on to one of the comedy channels like UK Gold or E4.  This morning though I decided to watch Guardians of the Galaxy again - great film, and love Groot lol

Watched it again yesterday - love that film and love Groot - he even looks after some of my darts now lol

[Image: XgwZaOI.jpg]
Blazing Saddles with a Cleavon Little and Gene Wilder.
Makes me laugh out loud with simple parody of all generic westerns.
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

" Upgrade " a small movie but a really nice surprise !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hTLGlgZ4Z8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wonderful short film... sjmattitude1982 4 185 11-24-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade