What's the last film you watched?
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

It (2017)
DARTS-Phase 5 purist/ Power 9fives 26g/ Unicorn RvB 25g
SHAFTS-Target Power shaft gen 1 (intermediate) 
FLIGHTS-The ones' on my signature
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile
Newcastle United Premier League survivors 2018-19 season
[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
The wife and I went to go see Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom at cinema.
It was pretty good, the special FX an obvious highlight. Always good to see Geraldine Chaplin (Charlies daughter) pop up in a Hollywood film (she usually appears in French/Spanish films). Also Ted Levine (Silence of the Lambs) appears as the mandatory greedy poacher/gun for hire.
While it is good, it is the not the best in the series in my opinion. But my wife loved it, so I know what to buy her for Christmas now, lol.
(06-21-2018, 08:20 PM)180Juggalo Wrote: The wife and I went to go see Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom at cinema.
It was pretty good, the special FX an obvious highlight. Always good to see Geraldine Chaplin (Charlies daughter) pop up in a Hollywood film (she usually appears in French/Spanish films). Also Ted Levine (Silence of the Lambs) appears as the mandatory greedy poacher/gun for hire.
While it is good, it is the not the best in the series in my opinion. But my wife loved it, so I know what to buy her for Christmas now, lol.

My wife and I were both wondering just how many times they can remake the same premise of a movie.    Somehow the dinosaurs get out of their cages and go on a rampage has been the common theme for the whole series of Jurassic movies and if the adverts I've seen on the TV recently are about this new movie, they are still following the same old tried, tired and true recipe.
Jaws
"Queen of the Damned"
Vampire schlock - better than I expected but too many establishing shots and not enough character motivation building scenes. (Who is this guy? Why is she here?)

Friday's evening Double Feature will be a Kurasawa Akira stint...

"Kagemusha" & "Ran"

You have not experienced Shakespeare, until you've seen the original Japanese.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Oldboy
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
(06-22-2018, 10:07 AM)theblindPew Wrote: Oldboy
The original one or the spike lee remake?

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1 mit Tapatalk
[Image: ulaodpa5218.png]
Board: Winmau Blade 5 DC
Darts : Cosmo Cyclone Mickey Mansell 23.9 g 
(06-21-2018, 09:47 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 08:20 PM)180Juggalo Wrote: The wife and I went to go see Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom at cinema.

My wife and I were both wondering just how many times they can remake the same premise of a movie.    Somehow the dinosaurs get out of their cages and go on a rampage has been the common theme for the whole series of Jurassic movies and if the adverts I've seen on the TV recently are about this new movie, they are still following the same old tried, tired and true recipe.

It comes down to money, they know the premise sells so they keep making them, they just dress it up differently but keeping the core samey elements that make the films hits.

On a different note I have just watched Christine (1983) that I recorded off TV, pretty good film about a possessed car.
(06-22-2018, 12:35 PM)180Juggalo Wrote: On a different note I have just watched Christine (1983) that I recorded off TV, pretty good film about a possessed car.

Yeah that was a decent flick based on a Stephen King novel.    Just this week I watched a true crime docudrama on ID (Investigation Discovery) Channel called "Dead North" about the disappearance of a 50 something yr. old man in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Pretty gripping tale with tons of actual footage of the investigation, suspects, searches, various witnesses, interrogations and eventual trial.   Very intense at times and it is in 4 segments about 1 hr. long each.   That is, if you're into such things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wonderful short film... sjmattitude1982 4 181 11-24-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade