How to stop the elbow drop?
Hi, 
How do you manage just to throw with your underarm sso your elbow doesn't drop when throwing? Im struggling with it...
I shortened my backstroke and concentrated on the elbow pivot point during practice....helped me alot. I start my warmups now this way.
how long did it take until you got better results?
I try to concentrate on my elbow as well but most of the time it drops anyways. When I do dry excercises in front of the mirror and I can watch my arm from the side I can manage to keep my elbow up. But when I throw on the board it drops most of the time so... maybe I was not trying long enough so far...
I also struggle with this. Would like to hear others responses.
If you can, try doing a video recording of yourself while you’re shooting darts. It’ll clearly show whatever success (or lack of it) your have while you try different techniques to correct your problem and it should help you more quickly/easily figure out what you need to do. Good luck with your situation.
(06-14-2018, 07:53 PM)Oli Wrote: how long did it take until you got better results?
I try to concentrate on my elbow as well but most of the time it drops anyways. When I do dry excercises in front of the mirror and I can watch my arm from the side I can manage to keep my elbow up. But when I throw on the board it drops most of the time so... maybe I was not trying long enough so far...

With me it was almost immediately. I was having troubles hitting the bull in soft tip league and I knew it was all in my head so I tried just making it as simple as possible. I set up shoulder to bull and concentrated on only moving my forearm. No wrist action at all, just pull back until my forearm was straight up and then forward letting my brain figure out when to release. My first 3 darts doing this was d bull,s bull,s bull.     (You could also try starting with your forearm straight up and pull back from there.)      
 Couldn't argue with that so I tried to build my throw and release with that in mind. Worked wonders in soft tip where the trips are huge. Takes practice though like everything else. League is over so I don't throw as much so I find my groupings aren't as tight but trying to find a steel tip league this fall so I better get back to it. One thing to help you concentrate more is close your eyes when you throw. 
This is a great way to feel your throw. You gotta have good wall protection though.  Lol         
I've also tried throwing using my peripheral vision but it doesn't work as well. I hope this helps and I wish you luck. It's hard to play darts if your not enjoying yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop Snatching & Throw Smooth. HOW?? Snooks 7 891 04-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Chipdiddytim
  elbow allignmemt grebber 17 3,352 11-06-2014, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Jaredf