Finally got a Gladiator 3 - my quick review
After months of deliberation I settled on a One80 G3 and tonight I have put it up, have to say I’m not as blown away by it as others have been. I mean don’t get me wrong I love a new dart board! 
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

First point of concern is that quite a few of the black areas have cracks in them, now I’m hoping that these will close up over time but please someone correct me if I’m wrong. 

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Second point to mention is that due to it being fitted with the rotafix, the board seems to wobble when darts hit the board outside the treble ring. This is quite infuriating, I have checked that everything is done up as tight advise possible and it is. Anyone got any ideas? 

Third thing to mention- whilst doing my research I had consistently read that the G3 was the board to get because it is a hard board and so will last longer. Well, first throw I line up a let fly and almost all of my point disappears into the sisal! Im not a particularly hard thrower of the dart and they are only 22g, so I’m not sure what’s going on there. 

Positives now: 
-Love the idea of the rotafix, set it up once and then have simple rotations forever more.
-How quiet is this board!! Not sure if it’s the board or the rotafix being more quiet but wow! 
- it looks great!! Nice bold colours, thin wires and deep black make for a beautiful  looking board from a distance and close up.

So that’s day one with the new board, had a 20 minute session on it, following it taking 30 minutes to put up, and even managed to christen it. 
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
I have a ~2 month-old G3 mounted on a Bulls Rotating Bracket. I used pieces of cardboard taped together into blocks and placed behind the right and left sides of the board to provide slight pressure on the board. This has eliminated the wobble for me. I saw a post a while ago where somebody else did the same thing with pieces of pressed paper beer coasters.
Glad you finally got a G3 but if my board had arrived with cracks like that it wouldnt have made it onto the wall, very surprised indeed to hear that it is soft too.
Mine isnt mounted with a rota-fix so cant comment on the board movement.
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
23 Gram Modified ONE80 Comets with black points, Pro Grip stems, punched RD Hardcore flights with Target titanium stem rings                      

If you can hit the target when your arse is hanging out you are a great player 

PB since re starting playing in 2014. 15 darts May 25th 2015  and  equalled May 25th 2016                                                           
Those aren't cracks, they're the edges of the paper layer that surrounds the sisal "wafers" or "biscuits" that are compressed together when the board is manufactured. http://www.dartbase.com/Sect1/13.html
With regards the "wobble" this annoyed me too, so I bought these :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073...UTF8&psc=1

And put them at 12,3, 6 and 9 o'clock poistions, cant be seen as they are under the rubber ring and firms the whole board up.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
so far so good with mine, little to no bounce outs. The wires are sharp as all get out but you learn that pretty quick.
(06-20-2018, 04:58 PM)minime Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yeah I have to say after a weeks use, I am happy with the performance of the board.
Wires are skinny, board is even (no dead or softer spots) the holes are closing up, and I've had no bounce outs/drop outs at all.
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gladiator gen 3. / winmau blade 4. nightcrawler 3 91 09-19-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  My Gladiator II came in... Breadfan 3 115 09-13-2018, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Breadfan
  I hate my new gladiator 111 is it counterfeit? 12b4 39 2,059 08-28-2018, 09:37 PM
Last Post: skinnygav
  Gladiator 3 question TJ106 16 606 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Last Post: minime
  Gladiator 3 Chappers 13 625 06-14-2018, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Chappers
  Gladiator 180 issue that just cropped up gumbo2176 8 668 03-28-2018, 02:48 PM
Last Post: chak840
  Gladiator 3? woodskins 6 672 02-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: zweeback
  Gladiator III to the US? MadMike4 52 5,045 12-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Should I get a Gladiator II? MadMike4 8 1,156 03-21-2017, 07:07 AM