I will not
(06-10-2018, 06:18 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Jump down to the 19's and hit S-19 and 2xS-3 for a 25.    Or better yet, S-19, bounceout, S-7 for another way to score 26.  That would require  another Mantra.      Bwahahahahaha

Lol yep been there too
When creating mantras it's always better to form positive mantras("I will score more 180s") than negative ones ("I will not throw any more 26s", "I will not fall over head first when I step onto the oche", etc)

The latter I feel is just tempting fate Big Grin
I will hit the board not my dart chasing cat.
......crap!!! Jack (my dart chasing cat) is airborne again....everything is relative....   Tongue
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
My mantra lately has been "stop hitting 7 marks on 1's" ( with every set of darts I throw from anywhere on the oche )
Damn this game is frustrating at times.
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(06-10-2018, 05:51 PM)The Jester Wrote: No, you need to change your thinking- as soon as you think ‘I will not hit another 26 with these three darts’ your subconscious takes ‘26’ out of that. What you need to be thinking is, ‘I’m going to hit a 180 with these three darts’ that way the only thoughts in your head are positive ones.

It’s like saying ‘don’t think of a black cat’ the first image into your head is a black cat!

Exactly this.

It's hard to throw good darts when you're worried about throwing bad ones.

Same with doubles: It's hard to hit when you're scared to miss.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I had to laugh reading this as I routinely get frustrated with those 26’s. Lately at least I seem to be hitting more 41’s and 45’s, although only marginally better I find them less frustrating. I don’t mind the 81’s and 85’s so much as they are still above my average, but no matter how good of a game I have, a 26 always seems to find its way in.
(06-11-2018, 02:47 AM)Mr. Audiogeek Wrote: I had to laugh reading this as I routinely get frustrated with those 26’s. Lately at least I seem to be hitting more 41’s and 45’s, although only marginally better I find them less frustrating. I don’t mind the 81’s and 85’s so much as they are still above my average, but no matter how good of a game I have, a 26 always seems to find its way in.

True nuff