Bull's Max "Maximiser" Hopp Max90 2.0 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review
I'll try to review the Bull's Max90 2.0 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts

[Image: Z9o3YlP.jpg]
This darts set is a collaboration of two big companies Bull's and Shot!. They are designed by Bull's for, the German player Max "Maximiser" Hopp and manufactured by Shot! in New Zealand. This is the latest model of Maximiser's darts, as used from him in the latest World Cup of Darts, last week. Both companies are well known for the quality of their darts, while Shot! is used to make this kind of collaborations with other companies. This set was kindly sent to me from the Dutch retailer Dartswarehouse.nl for this review.

Packaging and Contents

[Image: 7ge3L7I.jpg]

The darts come in a slim carton shell and inside you will find:
  • a classic plastic slim case
  • a set of black Bull's inbetween nylon shafts and
  • a set of big standard Powerflite Max Hopp flights

[Image: J8W6dUF.jpg]

The case isn't worth talking about it but the shafts are looking really good and durable and they hold the flights tight. The flights are nice 100micron paper flights.

Design:

[Image: a2zgT7I.jpg]
This is a quite classic set of darts. Totally straight, long, barrel with a soft rounded, almost, squared nose. 

[Image: U9iHmDn.jpg]
[Image: cvaKt0I.jpg]
To the front and the rear ends, are laser engraved the logos of the Maximizer and Bull's respectively, while in the black coated points the Shot! logo is laser engraved too. This is my favorite type of points because they grip perfect the board without damaging it.
[Image: yYUs0oo.jpg]
[Image: WVFcXkt.jpg]
The design is so simple, that don't require any great machinery, but even in this simple design there is no fault anywhere. The lines are clear, the rear end of the barrel tapers nicely to the shaft thread and they feel really well made. There is some times that you even like the sound of some darts when you hit them together. That's the case with them.
[Image: 6LaYH7G.jpg]

[Image: NIM1eYf.jpg]

The Grip

[Image: JoH7t9C.jpg]
There are two different grip styles on this barrel. The two thirds of the barrel are covered with a double ringed grip, while on the rear end there is a thin, sharp ring grip (LP finish)

[Image: u0iNRJ2.jpg]
There is only two smooth parts in the two ends of the barrel (where the two logos are placed) , which cannot affect any player's grip.
[Image: Sj6TtQR.jpg]
The front section's double ring grip is high medium aggressive. The grooves between each double ring are deep and wide enough, to give the player who grips from here a good feeling of control. In the other hand, the cuts between the two rings are really thin and swallow.

[Image: FfIy95I.jpg]
[Image: 21BKBit.jpg]
[Image: 1Lq7hdN.jpg]
The grip of the rear section is a great aggressive grip. The thin rings are sharp and the area which is covered from this is not just a small part of the rear end, but is quite big to place your thump. This fact gives the advantage that, you can use this great aggressive grip, either if you are an extreme rear gripper or you grip the barrel a bit more to the center.
[Image: uJQPGeq.jpg]
[Image: DTlU3JD.jpg]
To sum up, the grip on them is great. High medium aggressive at the front two thirds of the barrel and more aggressive at the rear section. It's not over aggressive in any way, so you will not have any release problems. Any gripping-style player could find a great way to grip these darts without having any control-missing issues.

Throwing the Bull's Max90 2.0

[Image: L2PpdAG.jpg]
Before even throwing these darts I knew what issues I will face. They are longer from what I'm used to and from what I normally choose.
[Image: WrRxaeb.jpg]
[Image: SgrIuEW.jpg][Image: mblMysp.jpg]
I got a bit confused if these darts suite me or not. When I grip them from the rear end the darts landed in my preferred angle, with not so many darts fishtailing. Not so many but there were some of course, as I was expected due to their length. I had some really great shots with them but most of them were above the target I was shooting for.

[Image: Qy5k9fR.jpg]
[Image: IbWMUVb.jpg]

After loosening up a bit and let the dart guide me, where to grip it, I started getting better and better shots, but the darts start landing flatter and flatter. So I realized that my grip moved forward a bit, to the edge of the two different grip style sections. After that I hit a 180 and some more good shots.
[Image: GkQTttO.jpg]
[Image: WAtshqT.jpg]
[Image: ao8JXfC.jpg]
I decided to gave them a night of playing in the darts cafe, I played really well with them missing some big outshots to the wire. BUT the way the darts landing annoys me really much, so I cannot tell that they could be my match darts.
Another thing that I spotted is that the darts are feeling a bit lighter than they are so I needed to give a bit more power to my shots. This is something that I really enjoyed, because after that I saw my realeasing point and follow through getting better.
Balance:

The darts are feeling really well balanced and they fly really smooth.

The balance point of the barrel itself is 2mm in front of the Dart's Actual Center
[Image: a6Z7mnK.jpg]
with my setup (short nylon shafts) it moves to the actual center
[Image: 4sKvCPc.jpg]
with the setup provided (inbetween shafts) and with medium shafts too, it moves about 1mm to the rear of center
[Image: 9J9Iw7W.jpg]
[Image: iOpKkDx.jpg]
Weight Matching:

[Image: fHRvZaL.jpg]
The weights of the three barrels are: 25.06gr, 25.06gr and 25.16gr. The 0.1gr difference is not something huge but I'm not happy with it.

Dimensions:

[Image: a74Nd9O.jpg]
Length: 53,02 mm
Diameter: 6,53 mm

Summary:

Design: 8 (really simple but well-made design, without something special to the look of them)
Grip: 8 (the grip in the front section is high-medium aggressive, while the grip in the front is more aggressive)
Weight Matching: 7 (two identical but one 0.1gr off)
Suitability for me: 7
Price: 7 (not cheap but a usual price for a Pro-Players signature dart, nowadays)

Overall: 7

[Image: hAIAXmP.jpg]
This is a totally straight darts set, with two great grip styles on them, which can suite many players. For me, they are really long and the way that I got the best out of them was to grip them from the edge of the two different grip styles. The darts landed flatter from what I'm used to but I could hit my target with great results. I tried throwing them while gripping from any section and they fly great from all of them.
Their retail price starts from 50 pounds and they are available in 22gr, 23gr, 24gr and 25gr steel and 18gr soft tip.

You can explore the full Bull's range here: https://www.bulls.nl/en.

Once again I would like to thank Dartswarehouse.nl for sending me this darts for the review. Here is a link for the darts to their website:
https://www.dartswarehouse.eu/buy-steelt...0-2-0.html

I hope you enjoyed my review and helped you decide.

Extra, comparison with the very similar Target's Adrian Lewis Gen One

Of course everyone who sees the Max90s for first time will compare it with the Lewis Gen One. There are many similarities but there are and some differences too.
[Image: LfLLsTl.jpg]
First, the Lewis are about 1,3mm longer and 0,1mm thinner.
Second, the front grip is a bit more aggressive in the Lewis darts, but the grip of the rear section is way more aggressive in the Max90s.
[Image: 9btYer2.jpg]
Third, the nose of the Max90s is more squarish
Forth, there is no smooth part on the Max90s and this area is covered for the same rear section grip.
[Image: LCWnt1e.jpg]
And fifth, the Max90s feel to have better quality and fly smoother.
Another fantastic review, maybe your best yet John. mint

I have a set of 22 gram in transit and I'm quite curious after seeing this review to give them a throw.
(06-07-2018, 12:01 AM)Great White North Wrote: Another fantastic review, maybe your best yet John. mint

I have a set of 22 gram in transit and I'm quite curious after seeing this review to give them a throw.

Thank you very much for your kind words Brad.
I will wait for you to tell me if there will be close to what you imagine afte reading the review and how they fly for you.
Very clever using the Lewis 1's as a comparison barrel too. clapping
Great review and pics!!!! Cool
[Image: DPwTt6q.png]
Great review!

I was about to say.... it looked like the Adrian Lewis Barrels lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very well done review, I enjoyed it very much. My next purchase will either be these, or the Martin Schindler, "The Wall" by One80. Ever since these were announced to be coming soon, I've been confused as to which ones I'll purchase next. I prefer the length of the top section of these and the bottom section design of the One80's. Decisions, decisions...  argh
Nice review, outstanding photos. Fortunately for me not my barrel style, because if it was I'd buy them!
I immediately thought of the Adie Lewis Gen1's when I first saw these - thanks for the review, have just added to the review index
No dart for me, but a great review... +1 mate
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
Nice review and great pictures
[Image: kI8ebGq.png]
(06-07-2018, 01:27 AM)Shanesaw Wrote: Great review and pics!!!!  Cool

Thank you very much Shanesaw
(06-07-2018, 02:00 AM)Ehudakineyah Wrote: Great review!

I was about to say.... it looked like the Adrian Lewis Barrels lol

Thank you Ehudakineyah.  

Yes , you can't dont see the Lewis on them Smile
(06-07-2018, 02:10 AM)PoppySquared Wrote: Very well done review, I enjoyed it very much. My next purchase will either be these, or the Martin Schindler, "The Wall" by One80. Ever since these were announced to be coming soon, I've been confused as to which ones I'll purchase next. I prefer the length of the top section of these and the bottom section design of the One80's. Decisions, decisions...  argh

Thank you very much PoppySquared, Im glad you enjoyed it.
Unlucky you, I know the answer to your dillema. You will buy the both sooner or later. Smile
But if I could help, decide according to where you grip them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  V180 Dave Prins 25gr Review bk123456 7 268 07-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: bk123456
Tongue 22 gram dartsclearance, copper tungsten darts, treatment, plus, quick review. Phil D 5 339 04-16-2020, 08:44 AM
Last Post: jt4527
  Mission Spirit 22g 90% Tungsten Darts Review Paldini-fc 6 330 04-14-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Th3BigFish
  Dartsclearance Tungsten Darts 21g review Cateye 6 355 03-26-2020, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Cateye
  XQMax MVG Original Style 18G, 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 27 3,892 01-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: John Weita
  Datadart Sawtooth 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 44 10,882 01-06-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: robi10
  Datadart’s Pro-Ti 26gr 90% Titanium Coating Tungsten Darts Review copigme 23 6,314 11-24-2019, 05:42 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Harrows Plexus 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 20 3,367 09-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Mckicks Premium Gold Titanium 24gr 95% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 46 6,876 06-05-2019, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Levonster
Wink NEW Mckicks Premium White Mighty Grip 25gr 90% tungsten Darts (the old style is back) copigme 88 45,050 05-17-2019, 08:32 PM
Last Post: holmesness