DESIGNA PRO Select 90%
Hi all just wondering if anyone on here has tried the designa pro select 90 percent tungsten darts. Dc has them listed in their clearance section and I was debating ordering a set to try. Can' complain about the price that' forsure 90 percent tungsten dart for under $20 cad.
How about anybody have any opinions on any of the designa brand stuff
I mean is it good quality stuff or just cheap stuff like you'd find from a department store.
(06-04-2018, 12:48 PM)Jimmyp Wrote: I mean is it good quality stuff or just cheap stuff like you'd find from a department store.

I have had a few Designa barrels (not the Pro select though) and the quality is just as good as all the other major manufacturers. In fact most Designa barrels are made by Nodor/Target/Unicorn/Harrows.
I have 3 sets (but no Pro Select) and never any problems with any of mine.
(06-04-2018, 12:56 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(06-04-2018, 12:48 PM)Jimmyp Wrote: I mean is it good quality stuff or just cheap stuff like you'd find from a department store.

I have had a few Designa barrels (not the Pro select though) and the quality is just as good as all the other major manufacturers. In fact most Designa barrels are made by Nodor/Target/Unicorn/Harrows.

Perfect thanks for the feedback maybe I shall give it a chance. Did not know they were made by those companies though thanks
(06-04-2018, 01:16 PM)Adams Wrote: I have 3 sets (but no Pro Select) and never any problems with any of mine.

Perfect thanks for your response.
For 20 some bucks you can't go wrong, just the 2 week wait for them lol
I've had Designa darts myself and from a quality point of view, there is nothing lacking there. The set I bought were 95% tungsten and they felt heavier then 23 grams and they didn't feel very balanced. Maybe if I had of stuck with them, over time, I would have gotten used to them, who knows?

It really is like any set of darts you buy, you pay your money, you take your chances though. What feels unbalanced/too heavy to me might be the perfect dart for you.  From a quality vs cost point of view, I can't knock Designa (disregarding the new darts just released which are crazy expensive). Also, if you are new to the game, this would be the smart way to go, start with something inexpensive until you develop your throw.

Good Luck!!!
(06-04-2018, 01:41 PM)Nucky Wrote: I've had Designa darts myself and from a quality point of view, there is nothing lacking there. The set I bought were 95% tungsten and they felt heavier then 23 grams and they didn't feel very balanced. Maybe if I had of stuck with them, over time, I would have gotten used to them, who knows?

It really is like any set of darts you buy, you pay your money, you take your chances though. What feels unbalanced/too heavy to me might be the perfect dart for you.  From a quality vs cost point of view, I can't knock Designa (disregarding the new darts just released which are crazy expensive). Also, if you are new to the game, this would be the smart way to go, start with something inexpensive until you develop your throw.

Good Luck!!!
Yeah that's what I was wondering normally you get what you pay for and why I am looking for opinions before trying them. Only thing designa I have used in the past have been their nylon stems which are very durable but do not seem to fit on the barrel as nice as other stems do. No fat from new to the game ( no pro or anything either Lol) just always wanting to try something new currently using one80 dragons 20g and love them in fact have to sets of them one I use and a back up new pair. Just seen these designa on clearance and looked like a nice dart and straight barrel which is what I prefer. Thanks for your input.
(06-04-2018, 01:31 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: For 20 some bucks you can't go wrong, just the 2 week wait for them lol

That' what oh was thinking as well can' really go wrong with price but waiting is a pain lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Designa Pro Select 95 Mike HermThe 6 1,358 09-18-2017, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Jugger
  Designa Pro Select 95 Mike HermThe 0 797 09-17-2017, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mike HermThe