We need the Bdo to survive!
And by the way I totally respect his decision to stay BDO. I don’t understand it but the. It’s his life and nothing to do with me so am not criticising him at all. If anything I feel sorry for him as he deserves better than the BDO are giving him

Noj
Darts are custom made 19g, made for me by David at Double Dee Darts. Great bloke, highly recommended.

Family is the most important thing in my life Heart Heart

54 years old with a body prematurely turning into a corpse
(06-08-2018, 09:57 PM)Noj Wrote: The top 20 in the PDC have all earned more than £200,000 in last 2 years. Most of them have won nothing. When was last time Alan Norris won anything or Jelle Klaasen? The sheer volume of money on offer in the PDC means he doesn’t have to win anything. In the BDO if he doesn’t win lakeside he is stuffed

Exactly. I think it's questionable if Durrant would establish himself in the top 16 in the PDC, but he seems easily good enough to qualify for nearly all TV events for years to come, which would put him somewhere in the #20-28 area of the Order of Merit. As you say, the earnings by players in that area of the ranking are nearly impossible to match without the £100k Lakeside winner's cheque.
Maybe he doesn't want to go to the PDC, not everyone wants the grind of the PDC tour, he's 47 now maybe he's comfy with his life he makes a decent living, it's not always about the money
(06-09-2018, 07:26 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Maybe he doesn't want to go to the PDC, not everyone wants the grind of the PDC tour, he's 47 now maybe he's comfy with his life he makes a decent living, it's not always about the money

Did you not watch the last Lakeside...? He outright said that he's putting his fate in the hands of his quarterfinal opponent Jim Williams, meaning that he would have been off to the PDC if he had lost that game (or any earlier one) and thereby avoided getting locked into a Lakeside 2019 appearance by the tournament contract.

The only reason he's still in the BDO is that he's too good - or the competition too bad - for him to stage a graceful exit the way other top BDO players have done over the years.
(06-09-2018, 08:40 PM)Zeyes Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 07:26 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Maybe he doesn't want to go to the PDC, not everyone wants the grind of the PDC tour, he's 47 now maybe he's comfy with his life he makes a decent living, it's not always about the money

Did you not watch the last Lakeside...? He outright said that he's putting his fate in the hands of his quarterfinal opponent Jim Williams, meaning that he would have been off to the PDC if he had lost that game (or any earlier one) and thereby avoided getting locked into a Lakeside 2019 appearance by the tournament contract.

The only reason he's still in the BDO is that he's too good - or the competition too bad - for him to stage a graceful exit the way other top BDO players have done over the years.
Ya he also said if the PDC gave him a card he would go knowing that wasn't gonna happen, the rumors have been going on for 2-3 years about him going if he really wanted to he'd be there