We need the Bdo to survive!
Really dont want the BDO to go South. 

We need a place for players who aren't pro level (or at least have the facility to go pro) to play and compete. 

Helluva stretch to go from pub to Pdc and having to do Q school (and weigh out £500 for a few days of thrashing) to play the challenge tour, if you want to play a few tournies a year. 

A semi-pro league if u will. 

The BDO is that and there is room, they just need pick the area hotspots to hold events. 

Putting an event on in 'Taylor vs Barney wouldn't draw 10 even for free at this venue' is not the way to do it! 

Alot of events are made up of players or their families. 

The BDO need to embrace this. 

Reduced prices for players families and encourage them to bring their friends etc.  Even the non Pdc lot still buy drink! 

The BDO dont need to compete with the Pdc they need to be the alternative ...... And do it well!!! 

I know a guy in my area who arranges opens and he can get 100s of players and their families to attend and he does well. He packs the venue!
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Sounds right to me.
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
Depends who Des can bring in if he gets elected at the AGM in August as to what will happen with the BDO. If they don't bring in the right people then they will end up just looking after the various super leagues and BICC and that's about it.

Personally I prefer the BDO side of the game, but if Uncle Barry really wanted to get rid of them then all he would need to do is find a way to wrest control of the WDF. This would effectively kill the BDO Worlds, and the knock on effect would be there would be no proper tour as there would be no potential Lakeside place at the end of it.
I just have a fear that if the Bdo goes, we'll end up with it being either garage tournaments with your mates or Pdc. No inbetween!

How long before pubs have to pay pdc a license fee and that dies as well......another nail in coffin for the pub trade.

For those of us who are near 40 with families and not 16 Yr olds looking at this as a profession that makes me sad.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't want every great institution becoming either 'play at home' or 'elite' with little outlet if your not MVG talent.

You know what guys I think we need to back the BDO before we find ourselves having to pay a fee for playing out m8s in our bedroom

Please follow my blog:

There needs to be a set divide.
BDO does pub superleague county level brilliantly,but Professional level poorly.
PDC does Professional level brilliantly and until recently development level poorly.
Let them both do what their good at and nothing else.
An Agreement has to be brokered between the two to finally once and for all end the competition because there isn't one.
It's getting beyond a joke now.
The natural progression is BDO to PDC make it official,minor league to major league works in Baseball why not Darts.
Agree 100%

Hell the Bdo worlds could be the amateur worlds

Boxing has many titles before pro.

Please follow my blog:

Agree with the BDO needs to survive, said this a million times with out another company pushing you some you get lazy, and not everyone wants to play PDC
There’s room for both BDO and PDC but the BDO isn’t marketed very well, lots of tournaments but nobody knows about them.
Every leg of 501 is a potential 9 darter.

2016-180’s-0
2017-180’s-4
2018-180’s-10 
2019-180’s-1 and counting......

Snakebite 8 23G
The ideal situation (in my mind) would be where the PDC and BDO sit down like adults and work together for the good of the game for all players, professional and amateur, male and female, able bodied and those with disabilities. And with that in mind they work together rather than against each other. This would mean the end to stuff like BDO contracts stopping players switching and pro players sniping at the amateur game.

At the bottom BDO obviously has grass roots
At the top the PDC has its professional circuit

There would be a bit in the middle where players of similar ability would be in either PDC or BDO. This is likely to be players looking to turn pro in the PDC development tour and those happy to remain amateur playing in tournaments like the Winmau and Lakeside.
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I also would like to see the BDO not just survive but have a turn in fortune. The few open tournaments I entered were well attended by players, which shows there is still an interest in playing these tournaments.
But the BDO suffers when it comes to attendance of fans to their bigger TV events, whether that is down to poor marketing, people on social media slamming it in every way possible so people feel there is no point in going or some other reason.
I like watching the BDO and PDC (I just love the game, even sometimes just go out and watch a local league match) but the BDO will only keep going downhill without some changes in areas of their product.