I hate my new gladiator 111 is it counterfeit?
Hi guys I just took my old paper formula board down and put said board up. I am so disappointed. It's so soft even with a 12g dart it goes right through the sisal and makes an annoying sound hitting the backboard. Is this really the best hardest sisal board or is it a counterfeit? This is not a dart board its a dart catcher. I had to buy it off ebay because shippings too expensive from the uk. I used the cheap plastic rota fix mount withit. I don't think that is helping much with damping the load hitting sound...

If this is how sisal boards work? If so I want a paper board with blades.  I can't believe I paid so much for such a pos... 

They have blade 5's locally are they any better? maybe that could cull the disappointment i am feeling right now but are they really softer than this?
Do you have a picture? A 12g dart should not be able to hit the back board especially on a gladiator. If you feel this one is too soft already I would not recommend getting a Blade. Puma/Bulls/Shot! boards are a bit harder as well though.
Hmm, I haven't had a G3 myself but this doesn't sound right. From all the reviews I've read it's supposed to be a very hard board. Who did you buy it from on eBay please?
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
Can you put up a picture or two?, was the board bought from a retailer or an auction site?
Never heard of a soft G3, slightly less firm than the G2 certainly but never heard of a soft one.
My G3 is over a year old and still looks great, no soft/hard spots, disclouration or tufting
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

It does sound very strange I have only ever heard of good reviews for the Gladiator boards especially on this forum.

The Nutz will give you great help and advice and defiantly get to the bottom of it.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

180's
2015 - 1
2016 - 1
2017 - 32
2018 - 20/25 
League Darts
24g Harrows Verve - Green Harrows Tweenie Stems - Standard Green & Black Harrows Retina Flights

I will tomorrow it's late here. It may be real but more alarming is the dust that is coming out of it. It is either mdf or asbestos. I had experience with raw asbestos and that what it feels like to me. I am gonna take it off the wall rap it up and get it out of my house for tonight until I can get assurance this is mdf all over my hands and that its normal. It looks real. The box looks real. I just stopped using it because it bent over a reflex point and for second time I am itching from touching it. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ONE80-PREMIU...SwZ5Ra0wMI
Contact the seller and send them a list of your concerns and pictures to illustrate your issues
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Sounds very strange to me. Will await the pictures tomorrow but seems that something isn't right!!!
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(05-23-2018, 11:29 AM)12b4 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Never heard of asbestos in a dartboard but it seems like you took the right precautions just to be sure. It is not uncommon for tiny bits of sisal to fall out (I have a led surround around my board so I can clearly see how much falls out). The problem might be in the Reflex points, these always penetrate the board a lot deeper in my case and they sometimes did hit the backboard on my G3. Did you try normal points as well?
yes well I'm only acorn I very itchy acorn that just had a cold shower that didn't help this very angry itchy little acorn. Until tomorrow the box looks authentic btw . lol

edit yea I tried many different darts all sink to barrel or hit the backboard whichever comes first. I need to do I youtube. Maybe I'm a heavy thrower. 12gram reflex point darts work nice and target titanium convertor points too that grow in dia so maybe griper points or scuffed points will pull up faster. Iam buying another board tomorrow this board is not going back up if no one can assure me that this itch is mdf. In Australia we had to pull new buildings down after finding asbestos in chinese building materials. So I will play it safe and dispose of it if you guys cant assure me its ok.
Coincidentally, I recently bought a G3 and it only has a couple hours of use on it so far. Mine is nice and tight. The points of my 12g ultralights only go half way into the board. It’s the same for all other barrel weights, and I just tested everything from 12g to 28g. If you have a new G3 and even ultralight darts are burying the points in the board, I think something is very wrong with that picture--and that doesn’t even address the dust coming out of your board. There’s no dust coming out of my G3 (even when I pound it with heavy darts) and I never even heard of that happening before.
Very very strange indeed, my G3 has gone slightly softer after a year of use now. When it was new it was very firm, and my previous boards were Blade4 and Blade5DC. I can assure the G3 is much firmer.. even with 24g darts my points only go in half way , at max 2/3. My throw is rather hard then soft so I’m very curious to your pictures
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

I just watched a review of a gladiator 3 on youtube. This board looks totally different. The segments are so dull and on the review the darts don't go in to the barrels every throw. I have to workout how to host a photo tomorrow. I hate ebay I almost never use it because you can't trust the sellers.
Coming from a blade 4 dc, i also bought an gl3, but i have a lot of bouncers on this board pretty annoying.
Thanks for your input guys. I think it is probably mdf from the back board I hope. It got much less messy when I shot the youtube. I don't think its coming from the front other then what's on the surface. I just watched my video. It looks just like any other g3. I can't see the dust in the video. The backboard  is the real issue because if they had used something softer. I could get the darts out of it easier.

I was reading about the shot bandit that I believe is made in nz. It uses composite wood and recycled plastic. I wonder if they have made a softer back board anyway I will try not to buy chinese in the future. If the shot boards are good I will use those. I had to finish tapping a thread of  pair of 180 meteor darts tonight that arrived with the plastic stem just forced in. An soon as I tried a alloy shaft it wouldn't go right in so I'm not sure about hand finished perfection right now.

Anyway errors on video., I called 14 gram darts once when I was throwing phase fives and I Wasn't sure if all were hitting the backboard at the time and on the video I can easily hear that every dart was hitting the backboard.

If You have the time to watch the video please tell me what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3McamxAQx8g

I have never posted my own youtube link let me know if it doesn't work please.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator 3+ Phil McKeown 15 352 12-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: thurgood107
  Gladiator 3 Chappers 18 1,542 06-25-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 180 issue that just cropped up gumbo2176 10 1,368 05-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  My Gladiator II came in... Breadfan 22 1,136 05-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Gladiator III First Impressions codo180 31 2,288 05-06-2019, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  gladiator gen 3. / winmau blade 4. nightcrawler 9 761 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 3 question TJ106 16 1,343 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Last Post: minime
  Gladiator 3? woodskins 6 1,017 02-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: zweeback
  Gladiator III to the US? MadMike4 52 7,690 12-26-2017, 07:07 PM