Poll: Flight Protectors
Yes
No
Don’t Care
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Flight Protectors....Yes Or No?
i would poke my eye with it so no :'D i have poked my eye with flights because i pull back so close to my eye...
Best leg 501: 12 darts (180,180,29,112) 
Highest checkout: 164 (T19, T19, Bull)
Darts: Shot! 9ti2 24g & Harrows Elite 24g
Never really used them, think the extra weight at the rear end of the dart will cause my darts rear to drop even lower. Besides this i like to check my flights after each turn, makes me feel in contol.
Current darts: Daytona Fire DF-01  (21g)
Shaft:            Short Harrows Supergrip (black&gold)
Flights:          Std Amazon (black)

180's
2018: 2
2019: 14
I don't think they do much to protect the flights. I use them to keep the flights square, but with my 64+ eyes, I'm starting to think they are a bigger pain in the butt than they are worth.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

I’ve got some flight protectors, they came with my Daytona’s, don’t actually use them, never felt the need to try, I rarely put a point through a flight and they’re relatively cheap to replace anyway. To be honest, the whole top edge of my flights get damaged from my Daytona barrels hitting them.
They may or may not keep them straighter plus it's not to hard to look down and fan them out if not, they also might keep your center from spliting but they will just make the edge rip easier not a fan of them lol
(03-21-2019, 01:52 AM)Borisbbadd Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Merged with existing thread. Now you can vote too - lol
Ok, now that I see it again, I think I voted already. Smile
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

You did - lol...
Never have tried them, I find the whole flight gets damaged from the points and barrels and not so much the center.
Did use the ‘fit’ flight system for a while (which ideally have built in flight protector) but went back to regular stems and flights.
May give them a try yet, and possibly have to re-vote.

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 12

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !
I used them everytime.
I use them, mostly for the square, but don't get chaffed if one goes missing.

SPACE FOR RENT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight protectors KCdartman 6 2,016 02-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Dartbuggy