Poll: Flight Protectors
Yes
No
Don’t Care
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Flight Protectors....Yes Or No?
I used to be strongly against them, and I now can't remember why. Gave them a go and haven't looked back. Bit fiddly to get on the flights at times, but they give the flights far more longevity than they had before, and do help to keep them more evenly spread.
Setup: Harrows Supergrip 25g w/ ProGrip stems
High Checkout: 156
Best Leg: 13 darts
2019 180s: 18/112

"You've gotta love the darts! If you don't, there's something wrong with you!" - Wayne Mardle
I've been using Robson's on my main darts but whenever I use a standard flight, they get flight protectors.
For me, the only flight protectors that kept the flight square were the Unicorn plastic, 2-pronged flight protectors that are usually the first thing you throw away when you open a box of Unicorn darts. Open up a new flew flight flat, slip it on, and the flight remained perfectly square. They're light and easy to put on. Worth experimenting with if you have some. They didn't survive a hit though, lol.

[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
I don't use them cos i find them too awkward to put on. my eyesights not great.
I used to really struggle with darts lying too flat, so any additional weight was unwanted, but did really like the way they keep flights at right angles.

Now move onto L Style and problems all solved!
I started using them after I hit a flight clean through the top with my point was like a super robin hood
I like to trade out my flights they are dirt cheap so why not add some variety to the game. I tried them a few times and yes they work but like I said...............
I have used them in the recent past but I don't regularly use them. They can be a pain to put on sometimes so I'm not sure if they're actually worth it.
I use them - but find it hard to get the type I like - metal, with a rounded top.  When my current stock runs out, probably stop using them.  It's a sit down job with specs to get them on, and impossible to find when they fly off.  And you'll not be replacing one during a match, which can be distracting if you like your setup just so Dodgy

Edit:  So I voted 'don't care', which is the way things are going...
I've tried them a couple of times and didn't like my Dart flight with them on.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight protectors KCdartman 6 1,959 02-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Dartbuggy