Anyone using their original set of darts?
Hi guys

Anyone still using their first set of darts, or a set they've been using for years and years. 

I really think relentlessly swapping has cost me years of progress. 

If so what are they?
Darts: 22g datadart orion
Stems: unicorn  medium
Flights: std
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 107 (22/6/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

I still keep my very first set of steel tip darts that I bought in 1998. I don't use them though anymore and tbh hadn't used them too much in the past either. It's 21g Harrows Savage. I play both steel and soft tips. I bought these steel tips and a couple of months later I bought soft tips and started playing soft tips competitively then. In soft tips I used to use about 4 sets, plus a few short affairs, and now I've been using the same darts for more than 10 years, although I still tinker with set ups. Usually once I change something in my steel tip set up I tend to try that even on my soft tips.

In steel tips I lost track of how many darts I have tried (or currently have). Although I have a few sets that I can rely on.

I many times thought about how lucky are those who keep their first set of darts. I know a lot of players who haven't ever changed their stuff. On the other hand it's kind of natural when people want to improve their game and looking for a perfect set is just one of the ways.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I still have got my second set of soft tips that I used after I had sold my first darts to a mate. The first ones were 18g knurled Jim Pike and the second ones, the ones I still keep in a drawer are 18g Unicorn Teknik. I've never thought of getting rid of them even though I don't think I would ever use them again. My current soft tps that I've been using since 2007 or 2008 are 20g Unicorn Phase 2 Taylors.
Nope....like you mate I chop and change all the time......I’ve got a set of customs that I’ve used for matches/league for just over a year....any other games I’ll use whatever set I pick up Smile. Totally understand what your saying though chopping and changing weights/barrel shape can’t be good for your game.....but hey there’s sooooo much choice and the margins so small it’s the fear of missing out that 1-2% of your game if you don’t try this or that set.
Darts : GB 1 Madhouse Customs  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Pear flights.

http://www.custommadedarts.com  Moddarts
Ayup NE

I still have my first set of tungsten darts bought in1976, get them out every now and then for a trip down memory lane.
25g 95% Farebrother darts.

Shed
(05-17-2018, 09:49 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup NE

I still have my first set of tungsten darts bought in1976, get them out every now and then for a trip down memory lane.
25g 95% Farebrother darts.

Shed
Likewise I still have my first set of tungstens from 1977, 20 gram Red Dragons 47 mm long and almost worn smooth.
Hence my cut down Hellfires
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
23 Gram Modified ONE80 Comets with black points, Pro Grip stems, punched RD Hardcore flights with Target titanium stem rings                      

If you can hit the target when your arse is hanging out you are a great player 

PB since re starting playing in 2014. 15 darts May 25th 2015  and  equalled May 25th 2016                                                           
I’ve still got the first set of darts I ever bought--in 1990. Dopey, fat steel barrels covered with some rubberized coating. I have no idea on earth how those things have failed to disappear since I stopped using them in 1992. It hasn’t been like I’ve been making sure I don’t lose them.
I stupidly gave away my first set when I found a set that worked better for me. My first set wouldn't be in my regular rotation now, but I sure as hell wish I still had it.
Started playing: April 1990 at the Irish Harp in Berlin
Match darts: Winmau Kevin Painter 22g, 35mm ringed nylon stems, standard flights
2018 best 501: 18 darts
2018 high finish: 105
2018 180s: 3

Don't use them anymore but still have them, some Datadart knurls i was given when i was started
LOL, I have know idea where my first set of Darts are. I purchased them from the PX on base in Twentynine Palms, CA in 1981. I gave them to my roommate when I left that base. He shot better with them anyway...LOL
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
I still have my first set of softdart (Harrows Aztec 18g 1992) and my first set of steeldarts (Harrows Powerpoint 24g 1993). The Powerpoints I used for soft and steel, I needed many tips Big Grin From time to time I play them again.
current favorite Dart 1: Custom Dart "Merlin" 23.5g, Target ProGrip Spin 38mm, L-Style Std. Flights
current favorite Dart 2: Modified RedDragon Amberjacks 14 23.8g, Target ProGrip Spin 38mm, L-Style Std. Flights

180s (2016): 23
180s (2017): 145
180s (2018): 18
Best 2 Dart Finish: 110 (T20, DB)
Best 3 Dart Finish: 156 (T20, T20, D18)
Best Leg: 13

My Dart Image Gallery   My Modified Amberjack   My Selfmade Customs Darts V2   My Selfmade Customs Darts V3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Original Isle of Man set up Bounce Out 3 401 08-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Retired original barrels today Tremble 11 1,154 01-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Tremble