Harrows Pulse 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IByo1g-OLyE

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

These are the Harrows Pulse 24g darts.  They are 90% tungsten and they are also available in 21,22,23,25 and 26 grams.  They retail for £24.95.   This set was very kindly sent to me from Richie at http://www.game-shot.co.uk.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim box and are supplied with hard plastic case, point protector, Supergrip Fusion stems and Harrows Prime standard shape flights.

[Image: 2adt32O.jpg]

[Image: KfHL645.jpg]

PICS OF THE DARTS:

[Image: dRPNTfN.jpg]

[Image: 8HZhhqU.jpg]

[Image: DOPYvbP.jpg]

[Image: nAxMTGk.jpg]

[Image: fXzLM20.jpg]

[Image: 9dRn6Nm.jpg]

[Image: W5xSz6H.jpg]

[Image: j1K6RdQ.jpg]

[Image: EpDa5vy.jpg]

[Image: QCRIUUo.jpg]

[Image: sss0M0m.jpg]

[Image: 7bC2azZ.jpg]

[Image: 8guBQoO.jpg]

[Image: mVS6Ep8.jpg]

[Image: k2bQ6Nn.jpg]

[Image: q2a5yYe.jpg]

[Image: RRkU2W3.jpg]

Its a straight barrel dart with a rounded bull nose.  The darts feature a recessed curved ring grip on the front and rear half with a small smooth band around the middle.  The front rings are slightly wider than the rear rings and the rear end of the barrel is a small smooth taper.  The grip has a nice feel and probably slightly grippier on the front but overall its around medium level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

[Image: YyWPKPs.jpg]

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were very close and difference between lightest and heaviest is just four hundredths of a gram:

[Image: AunEseF.jpg]

[Image: IymbyDO.jpg]

[Image: giZFk8v.jpg]

Weight of full setup as supplied:

[Image: CVzcEoq.jpg]

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was a little front of centre:

[Image: f7kAR8w.jpg]

With supplied setup  it moved slightly behind centre:

[Image: nkRCxDb.jpg]

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

[Image: 3yxJPoN.jpg]

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Very close to the nose:

[Image: OzVHnJW.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

I have had a lot of requests to review this dart so it was good to finally get a test of them Smile

I find it a very pleasant dart to throw.  The grip feels a little better on the front I think because the rings are a little wider.  Its got an interesting feel which is quite subtle.  I would not say its grippy but the way the rings curve means you get a slight edgy feeling near the grooves but each ring also feels a little like a mini scallop.  The darts release nice and easy from the fingers and I had no problesm grip wise.  Overall it was flying quite smooth for me with my front grip and now I have played with them longer its a great dart that works well.

For middle grippers I guess it depends again where exactly you hold it, if its fully on the smooth band and thats enough grip for you then you will be happy with them, if you need more grip then you may need a different dart but balance is nice and when I got my throw right it flew fine from the middle.

I think it felt a little better to throw with the rear grip than the middle but still not as nice as from the front for me.  The rings are a little narrower on the rear but still have a nice feel to them and the dart was fairly well behaved for me so should be fine for natural rear grippers.

So it could be a nice all rounder but probably front and rear grippers have the best part of the dart which is the recessed curve grip.

Once again the quality is very nice and although its a fairly simple design it is elegant and functions well and again great value at around £25 so well worth trying Smile

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (good)
Grip: 6.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (2 very close)
Quality: 8.5 (good)
Value: 9 (great)
Suitability for me: 8 (nice)

Best Feature: Grip Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Great review of a nice dart, thanks Darren.  Very reasonably priced which is always appreciated. Smile
Thank you !
I've been waiting for a review of a set that I have to see how we compare.  Great review and spot on.  I really like this set.  Rear gripper with intermediate shafts used.

My only complaint are the points.  The black scraped off from the wires in less that a week.  Other black points I have still look new with a lot of use.  Wish the points were longer.
Started playing again in November 2017 after a 30 year hiatus.

Currently throwing Bottlesen GT's 24g, Harrows Pulse 24g, XQMax MVG Gen II  23g
Blade 5 DC

2018 180's: 7/6 - Never thought I would come close to the goal!!
Best finish: 129 ( 19, T20, B) Pro-Darter
Nice looking dart and great value once again from Harrows - will add to the index in a mo Smile
(05-17-2018, 04:48 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Great review of a nice dart, thanks Darren.  Very reasonably priced which is always appreciated. Smile

Thanks mate! Smile

(05-17-2018, 04:50 PM)Hugin66 Wrote: Thank you !

Smile

(05-17-2018, 05:04 PM)Blanton Wrote: I've been waiting for a review of a set that I have to see how we compare.  Great review and spot on.  I really like this set.  Rear gripper with intermediate shafts used.

My only complaint are the points.  The black scraped off from the wires in less that a week.  Other black points I have still look new with a lot of use.  Wish the points were longer.

Cheers! I think all black coated points wear but I still prefer them over silver and even the grip points. They are a little short though. Smile

(05-17-2018, 05:05 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Nice looking dart and great value once again from Harrows - will add to the index in a mo Smile

Thanks Mike! Super value darts again for sure Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review Darren along with great photos. Thanks again.
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
Great review as always, i have these in 21gms there great darts & a great price, these are the set i mention before that should be on your top 10 for 2018
Nice looking darts, interesting grooved bonsai bamboo grip and a cool name that means Aorta buy them.

Nice review Dr. Grip.
Ryk is equipped with...

Arrows -  23g Showtime Ксения Клочек :: Stems- Core Grip ST Med (Blue) :: Flights - ShowTime 100μm (Colour Burst Red) :: - Winmau Blade 6
(05-17-2018, 05:24 PM)Spencerdl Wrote: Another great review Darren along with great photos. Thanks again.

Thanks Derrick, are you putting them on the to buy list? Smile

(05-17-2018, 05:30 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Great review as always, i have these in 21gms there great darts & a great price, these are the set i mention before that should be on your top 10 for 2018

Cheers! I like them, I think they are growing on me more, so who knows they may end up in the top 10. I like that Harrows have the range of weights the do too, I may try them in the 23g just to be sure Smile

(05-17-2018, 05:33 PM)Ryk Wrote: Nice looking darts, interesting grooved bonsai bamboo grip and a cool name that means Aorta buy them.

Nice review Dr. Grip.

Thanks Ryk, yeah it is like a bamboo style Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows, Josh Payne MAX 180, 90% Tungsten, 18G Soft Tip Darts Mini Review Ehudakineyah 5 237 08-01-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Harrows Aero 23g darts review Getagrip 44 41,733 07-07-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Orbit 20g dart review Ryk 8 451 06-30-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: copigme
  Harrows Glen Durrant World Champion Series 2 24g darts review Getagrip 20 1,863 06-30-2018, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Harrows Aura A3 23g darts review Getagrip 22 42,312 06-29-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: minervadoe
  Harrows Verve 23g darts review Getagrip 29 2,873 06-15-2018, 01:32 PM
  Harrows Veridian 23g darts review Getagrip 18 2,307 06-04-2018, 02:25 PM
  Harrows Gyro Knurled 20g darts review Ryk 6 770 05-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Ryk
  Harrows new Fire 23g darts review Getagrip 22 18,959 03-26-2018, 06:30 PM
  Harrows Elite 23g darts review Getagrip 36 11,743 03-11-2018, 06:35 PM