Your favourite dart joke?
I called into my new local to meet my soon-to-be 501 teammates on Monday night. I'm to join them in a couple of weeks for the summer league, once I either win or get knocked out of my current Log-End singles and doubles tournaments.

It was nice to get to know everyone, and as there seems to be on most teams, there was a resident joker, who told me "an oldie but a goodie".

After asking me if I threw as well as my father, and my telling him that my father never played, he remarked:

"I used to throw with my dad...until his head went blunt, then I had to stop" Rolleyes before falling about laughing amidst choruses of groans from the lads.

So, with this eye-roller in mind, what is the best/worst/eye-rolliest darts joke you've come across, or that you tell on a regular basis?
Setup: Harrows Supergrip 25g w/ ProGrip stems
High Checkout: 156
Best Leg: 16 darts
2018 180s: 39/51

"You've gotta love the darts! If you don't, there's something wrong with you!" - Wayne Mardle
Big Grin where abouts do you play on the log end? I've been looking for somewhere to play around Manchester on a 'normal' board but the only league I've found is log end at Eccles

My stuff:

Gladiator 3

Corona lighting 

24g Madhouse customs with:
  •  Short Target Pro grip spin stems
  •  Grooved Voks Tornado points
  •  Standard Harrows Retina flights

(05-16-2018, 09:20 AM)Chappers Wrote: Big Grin where abouts do you play on the log end? I've been looking for somewhere to play around Manchester on a 'normal' board but the only league I've found is log end at Eccles

I play Log End in Eccles at the moment! Just moved out to near Bolton though so travel is a bit of a hassle. I'd originally tried to find local 501 when I moved to Eccles and ended up playing Log End instead.

I think there are Log End leagues in Droylsden as well, but if you're in West Manchester, then there's pub leagues around Swinton and Bolton, and plenty of Opens in the next few months in Swinton that I know of. Lots of darts going on out towards Wigan and Widnes too.

"You've gotta love the darts! If you don't, there's something wrong with you!" - Wayne Mardle
(05-16-2018, 10:08 AM)JDUR25 Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 09:20 AM)Chappers Wrote: Big Grin where abouts do you play on the log end? I've been looking for somewhere to play around Manchester on a 'normal' board but the only league I've found is log end at Eccles

I play Log End in Eccles at the moment! Just moved out to near Bolton though so travel is a bit of a hassle. I'd originally tried to find local 501 when I moved to Eccles and ended up playing Log End instead.

I think there are Log End leagues in Droylsden as well, but if you're in West Manchester, then there's pub leagues around Swinton and Bolton, and plenty of Opens in the next few months in Swinton that I know of. Lots of darts going on out towards Wigan and Widnes too.

Ah, yes I've been looking at a few opens at Swinton pool hall, I've never played for a team or anything so was debating whether to leave it a while before entering

My stuff:

Gladiator 3

Corona lighting 

24g Madhouse customs with:
  •  Short Target Pro grip spin stems
  •  Grooved Voks Tornado points
  •  Standard Harrows Retina flights

(05-16-2018, 10:17 AM)Chappers Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 10:08 AM)JDUR25 Wrote:

Ah, yes I've been looking at a few opens at Swinton pool hall, I've never played for a team or anything so was debating whether to leave it a while before entering

I thought that too, but got involved in the first one which was my first tournament in earnest. Welcoming people there for the most part, and you get 4 or 5 games at least for the £10 entry so pretty handy.

I'd recommend going along and trying your hand at it. Though I didn't get the chance myself, there's an opportunity to play a few pros there too, with Cody Harris, Joe Murnan, the Winstanleys and more often in attendance. Worth testing yourself anyway haha

I'm glad I've found a local team to play for though to keep me in competitive practice between the tournaments

My favourite dart joke is probably not suitable for this family friendly forum, lol. It's an old one that my dad told me years ago.
A guy is playing darts against the local Mother superior, She has her go and heads to the board to collect her darts, before she can move, the guy throws his first dart, striking Mother Superior on the head causing her to fall down. 
The guy, unperturbed, continues his throw hitting a T20 and S20.

The caller leans in checks the lie of the darts, bends down, checks the Sister's pulse and shouts "One Nun dead and eighty!"
[Image: 84EIGh2.jpg]
Favorite dart joke:
My shooting
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
OK, a darts joke...Rod Harrington's commentary.
[Image: 23uwoi.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favourite ref? Doubledouble 16 979 01-29-2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Your FAVOURITE thing about darts? Aloe94 44 3,261 01-29-2018, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Berlin180
  Show us your Favourite Walk on Girls Memories The G 3 483 01-28-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Mindyereyes
  Favourite darts sign's Mike HermThe 6 564 01-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Last Post: JayKay
  Looking for new ideas (+ my favourite game for a beer night) theblindPew 11 1,651 01-25-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Lurker1
  Which would you say is your favourite barrel shape? Jefferz 32 3,472 12-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Favourite pro player joellypotts 22 2,221 07-29-2016, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Rod Studd's Favourite Nine-Darters hamo 11 3,138 04-22-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: hamo
  What's your favourite double? Bigshow 50 10,084 04-20-2016, 10:12 PM
Last Post: acid_arrow
  What Are Your Favourite Darts? CotswoldDave 39 6,720 02-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Last Post: FireInTheCity