5v5 - Darts Practice Game
5v5 - Wayupna's Darts Practice game..

This is a game we come up with in the pub one weekend and we play int he pub at the weekends.

So you get 5 lives and 5 minutes (hence the 5v5)

The idea is to go around the board hitting the segments 1-20 then, finish on bull

So start out you begin on 1, you throw your dart if you hit S1 then move to 2, if you hit D1 then move to 3 as you are moving 2 up, if you hit T1 then move to 4..

If you miss all 3 darts a 1 you will loose a life.

So now lets say we hit T1 first dart, i now move to 4, i hit T4 with my second dart im now on 7 with my 3rd dart and i miss the 7 completely, In this instance i loose a life and when i come back to throw will move down to 6.
So if you miss what you are after you move down 1 number, even if you have move 2-3 numbers up from your last throw.

In theory a beginner player will loose the lifes first and not be caught by the 5 minutes of time, but the better players will hopefully get round to 20 in with lifes to spare.

When you get to 20's you then get locked in that zone and dont move backwards from here. 
Previous go (3 darts in hand) im on 19's i hit T19 first dart, i move to 20's i dont advance to bull !! but i have to hit my 20 with my second or third dart to lock in the 20's.

Once you are locked in you can only move onto the bull by hitting shanghai (S20, T20, D20) you can hit S20,T20 or T20, S20 up to you but 3rd dart must be the D20
If you miss with your first dart at the 20's (say you go in the 5) to save a life you must hit the bull, if you dont hit the bull you will then loose that life, but you are locked in the 20's at this point so your next 3 darts will be at trying get shanghai to get to the bull.

Once you have hit shanghai and moved to the bull, in theory your time will be catching up with you and possibly low on life's. For an instance here i have hit Shanghai and now have 40seconds on the clock but only 2 life's left BUT im on the bull.

My next throw will be for bull, you dont have to hit all 3 in the bull just one dart to win, so next 3 darts i thrown and dont hit the bull i loose a life , down to one life and now with just 28 seconds on the clock but then i hit the bull with my next dart so i win and my time is say 23 seconds.

Its a little complicated to run and write down but it is a fun practice game..

Happy to answer any questions..
I like this game I also love the story as I can imagine you and your team started this off really simply and added to it as you went along which is brilliant!

Anyone could use this and just split it up to suit their current level of play (beginner experienced etc) , I play around the board and use the same rules as you but what I DON'T do is go back on myself if I miss so this could be an extra step for me.

Excellent work +1
[Image: 33600209483_5693b42d44_c.jpg]

180's
2015 - 1
2016 - 1
2017 - 32
2018 - 20/25 
League Darts
24g Harrows Verve - Green Harrows Tweenie Stems - Standard Green & Black Harrows Retina Flights

Cheers Sean4393...

Yeah we started it out as a laugh and as you say added a few bits on, we originally went for outer bull inner.. but then left off the outer in the end..
So on the 1st dart, if I miss the one I would lose a turn? It's possible to lose 3 lives if I don't hit a one at all? I know you said that if you miss all three darts you lose a life but during the explaination you say after hitting the T1 and T4 if you miss the seven with the last dart you lose a life. Then you would have 3 chances at the 6 before losing another life? Sorry..I can be a bit slow on the uptake at times...plus I haven't had my 4th nap yet.....hahaha
Hi Baloos..

Yes so if you start out and miss all your first 3 darts at 1 - you would then go down to 4 lifes you only loose 1 life when you miss ..

Then when you return if you hit say 

First Dart - T1 - you now move to 4's

Second Dart - S4 - you now move to 5's

Third Dart - You miss any segments of the 5

You will now loose another life taking you down to 3 lifes left and you will then return to throw for 4's

Its a good game, i have never completed it in the allotted time sadly..
Hit my personal best yesterday.. Got to Bull with my 5 Lives but sadly only 8 seconds left..

But i got there with all my lives which was a first.. but i ran out of time to complete it ...
Do you have to hit the Shanghi in one turn or can you hit a single and trip on one turn and then hit the double 20 on the next or take 3 turns to hits all three?
In one turn to move on too the bull..

So you get locked in on 20's and say have 3 lives left..

First 3 darts,

T20, S20 missed top

You dont loose a life, but return to try again,

however if you first dart his anything other than 20, then you need to throw your next 2 at bull to saver a life, if you miss them at bull then you would loose a life..

But it has to be in that visit...
Ooofah what a mouthful but, I like to idea of the game. I think I'll add this to my regime!
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three in a Bed. (Big Single Target Practice Game) Ryk 4 720 01-31-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: thegr812k