100% tungsten?
guys, is there a 100% tungsten made barrel in the market today? if the answer is no then why not?
No, because 100% tungsten is far too brittle. Your darts could break when they hit something.
[Image: NSnrkBi.png]

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Nope & it would be to brittle similar to "chucking" a glass barrel possibly OK till you had a bounce out the machining would also be more difficult
Is 97% the highest density dart available? I know the Harrows Magnum & Wolfram and Unicorn Sigma Pro 970, possibly a few more are 97%, can't recall ever seeing anything higher?

thanks for the reply guys! i wannna know if 97% is the hightest too!
Cuesoul claims 98%, Super Swift.
Cuesoul Swift are 98% if Amazon is correct

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CUESOUL-Swift-S...B01M75EWHV
from 98% to 100% is just 2% difference. is it really a big difference in terms of durability?
(04-18-2018, 05:04 PM)1double1 Wrote: from 98% to 100% is just 2% difference. is it really a big difference in terms of durability?

I believe so yes, similar with tennis rackets made from graphite. If you had a 100% graphite tennis racket it would just shatter. Guessing darts are similar with tungsten. Need some sort of alloy to get it together and durable.

yep! i guess u are right.
Similarly, just 2.1% carbon transforms relatively soft iron into high carbon steel. So the small percentage is definitely a game changer on a molecular scale.
I have a hard time believing cuesoul has a high grade tungsten. For example I would trust harrows 97% before I trust cuesoul’s 98%. Jokerdriver doesn’t even make darts that high and they are probably the most precise dart made.
Why is it so hard to believe Cuesoul couldn't make 98% tungsten darts ? most asian dart companies all use high quality tungsten, there's a difference between machining and tungsten, just because Joker Driver charges outrageous prices doesn't make them any better then another company, i have 2 sets of Cuesoul and there quality is as good as any company
(04-19-2018, 01:21 AM)B1ll64te5 Wrote: I have a hard time believing cuesoul has a high grade tungsten. For example I would trust harrows 97% before I trust cuesoul’s 98%. Jokerdriver doesn’t even make darts that high and they are probably the most precise dart made.

Cuesoul makes its darts in China, Harrows in England and Jokerdriver in Japan. However, China produces most of the world's tungsten (almost 86% in 2012) so it is almost a certainty that all three companies get their tungsten from China. Therefore, I see no reason to trust Harrows' or Jokerdriver's claims about tungsten content over Cuesoul's.

The bigger difference comes in manufacturing quality, and, in my experience, Cuesoul comes in a distant third in this category. Jokerdriver is obviously at the pinnacle of quality manufacture, but you pay dearly for that quality and it probably become somewhat moot as you actually play with them and they wear down (full disclosure: I've never owned a set of Jokerdriver darts).
I’ll believe harrows tungsten comes from China when I see if officially. You think because China makes more steel the USA uses it no, most of it is inferior. China makes cheap crap and quickly. So to me your theory is crap to me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  difference between copper tungsten and tungsten nickel silver TheCrane180 9 1,980 12-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Last Post: NiteEyez