100% tungsten?
guys, is there a 100% tungsten made barrel in the market today? if the answer is no then why not?
No, because 100% tungsten is far too brittle. Your darts could break when they hit something.
[Image: NSnrkBi.png]

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Nope & it would be to brittle similar to "chucking" a glass barrel possibly OK till you had a bounce out the machining would also be more difficult
Is 97% the highest density dart available? I know the Harrows Magnum & Wolfram and Unicorn Sigma Pro 970, possibly a few more are 97%, can't recall ever seeing anything higher?

thanks for the reply guys! i wannna know if 97% is the hightest too!
Cuesoul claims 98%, Super Swift.
Cuesoul Swift are 98% if Amazon is correct

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CUESOUL-Swift-S...B01M75EWHV
from 98% to 100% is just 2% difference. is it really a big difference in terms of durability?
(04-18-2018, 05:04 PM)1double1 Wrote: from 98% to 100% is just 2% difference. is it really a big difference in terms of durability?

I believe so yes, similar with tennis rackets made from graphite. If you had a 100% graphite tennis racket it would just shatter. Guessing darts are similar with tungsten. Need some sort of alloy to get it together and durable.

yep! i guess u are right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  difference between copper tungsten and tungsten nickel silver TheCrane180 9 1,682 12-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Last Post: NiteEyez