First Dart Board... Great or Awful Thinking?
(04-18-2018, 03:03 PM)Themoodymann Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 04:10 PM)cubdog Wrote: What your attempting would be like trying to learn golf by hitting a driver off the deck. Not recommended!

Easiest shot in the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's quite a first post! Welcome to the forum but I don't think I want to play golf with you. Let's stick to darts. Smile
Liberal heathen
(04-18-2018, 03:20 PM)cubdog Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 04:10 PM)cubdog Wrote: What your attempting would be like trying to learn golf by hitting a driver off the deck. Not recommended!

Well that's quite a first post! Welcome to the forum but I don't think I want to play golf with you. Let's stick to darts. Smile

First post, but lurking around for a year.  Careful @Cubdog, Scotsmen know their darts and golf.  Been playing it a long time - lol...
(04-18-2018, 03:59 PM)nixer55 Wrote:

First post, but lurking around for a year.  Careful @Cubdog, Scotsmen know their darts and golf.  Been playing it a long time - lol...

I am being careful! Hitting driver off the deck is now above my pay grade. Last time I could pull that off with any success was using a persimmon. I'd happily play Themo golf or darts as long as there's no money on the line. Smile And I'm good with Scotsmen, I've more than a little Scottish blood myself and proud to say so!
Liberal heathen
Uh oh, I'm another new guy with similar new guy questions.....  Confused

Am I going to have the same problem with a Unicorn D1179403 Eclipse Pro Dart Board  ?

If so, what would be a good dart board for a beginner?   Huh
(04-19-2018, 07:29 PM)minervadoe Wrote: Uh oh, I'm another new guy with similar new guy questions.....  Confused

Am I going to have the same problem with a Unicorn D1179403 Eclipse Pro Dart Board  ?

If so, what would be a good dart board for a beginner?   Huh

Any of the major brands would be a good start.   I like the Alien board and have used them for a few years now.  I like the way they heal when the darts are pulled, the contrast between the light and dark areas of the board.    I have also bought many Winmau boards over the years but I find they don't heal as quickly as the Alien and the lighter portions are more like the color of a manila envelope with some marbling mixed in.    My current board is a Generation 180 that I got off Amazon.com.

Depending on where you live, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 and up for a decent board.

Just saw you are in California. A-Z darts is in your area and they have reasonable prices on boards and quick delivery. Give their site a look-see.
(04-19-2018, 08:18 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 07:29 PM)minervadoe Wrote: Uh oh, I'm another new guy with similar new guy questions.....  [url=https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G2Z4VW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1][/url]

Just saw you are in California.   A-Z darts is in your area and they have reasonable prices on boards and quick delivery.   Give their site a look-see.

Thank you.  So,     http://www.a-zdarts.com/         Oh, my wife is going to hate that I found that site......
Wow, what a wide selection.   I've got that bookmarked now.

For now, I'll use the Unicorn dartboard that will arrive in the mail today.  If I can wear that out, I'll be ready for the next purchase.     Cool
oldguy

It's now been over a week since this post and maybe 2 months that I started throwing 1-2 hours a night, regularly. Today was the first time that I threw at a standard board- a Unicorn Eclipse- and it was wonderful. I almost wonder if exclusively practicing on the Winmau Champion is a good idea, but I will still be investing in a standard board in the near future when the funding is there. I wouldn't recommend what I did to anyone, but it's been OK with me.

Lol I don’t even know if I can reply to posts over a year old!? Many thanks for the welcome. I’m a kind of lurker... I have this tapatalk app and never really been sure how to use it tbh (I’m not even that old as well!) Hence me only seeing these replies now! I used to practice darts when I lived at my parents years ago and my local got rid of their dartboard in favour of a kitchen/dining area so I’m kinda outta touch a bit. Can still hit a driver of the deck though haha!
So do you guys use tapatalk or is there easier apps to work out there? Never been much of a contributor to forums but I’m signed up to about 50! I kinda prefer the ease of Reddit these days...
Anyway thanks again for the warm welcome and I’m glad OP got on well with his champ dartboard! Hope you got a standard one by now ha!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart board height and distance Catalaya 6 2,517 12-12-2016, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Catalaya
  GPS for the Dart Board? Cat 2 3,006 06-09-2015, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Cat
  angle of the dart in the board BigE 6 2,492 05-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Beginners - heres great help *Saber* 4 2,505 02-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Last Post: robrey85