Eric Bristow's Darts.
(04-08-2018, 07:18 PM)Jim_sol Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Be interesting to see what they go for ... sadly out of my price range unless the bookies are good to me.
Were they mine that is how they would stay, cant say I would be able to resist throwing them though.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Those would have to go into a Safe Deposit Box and in a Will without a doubt.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(04-08-2018, 08:28 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I threw each dart once at the presentation and they went straight back in the box. I was terrified of having a bounce out!!!  Confused
I love a good find like you have there. Means a lot to the right people..............like us.
(04-08-2018, 09:42 PM)Spencerdl Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Wouldn’t be hiding them away they wouldn’t be leaving the house ... nope they would be stashed in a safe place and like chris I don’t think I could resit a wee throw with them from time to time.
It would be nice to have a set but I would not pay the silly money for them, £500 would be my limit.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

I heard back from Harrow's! Smile
 It is a shame I won't be able to get a certificate because Bass is no more but it is interesting for me to find out where Eric came to have them in the first place. If we imagine that he received his set in 1990 and I got them around 1997 then that means he had them for 7 years before I got them. How cool is that?!?! I'm still not selling though! 

Hello,
I have some info for you on your darts.
Eric used to do a lot of exhibition promotional work for the Bass Taverns group……brewers of Carling Black Label.
He worked for them for many years and got very friendly with the brand manager Malcolm…can’t remember his surname
Eric was awarded the M.B.E in 1989.
Malcolm thought it would be a good idea to recognise this with a competition for consumers……
I think we produced 100 sets……the darts were gold plated and I think they were provided with  a certificate by Bass.
Do you have a certificate?
I seem to remember we sold them to Bass for about £50 a set.
They would be worth decent money to a collector, as they look to be in near perfect condition….ebay,perhaps?
I hope this is of help.
Best regards
Robert Pringle
Sales and Marketing Director
Harrows Darts
That's fantastic to get a response like that from Harrows. Many thanks for sharing and +1.
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Great news Harrows responded and kudos to them - I've asked them a couple of questions previously and found them very helpful as well. As you say it's a shame there's no certificate with them, but if they were Eric's personal set then he wouldn't need any certificate anyway lol. At least you have a little more background info on the set if you ever wanted to sell them (I know I wouldn't if I had them).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eric Bristow Barrel weight? Stu Bi 4 163 09-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Jockyoche78
  Harrows Eric Bristow Powerpoint Darts Getagrip 16 7,249 05-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Berlin180
  Eric bristow durro darts ryanryanj 25 16,210 05-06-2019, 04:28 AM
Last Post: spoalowairchamp
  Eric Bristow's pre-finals News of the World matches needed philezra 0 899 10-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Last Post: philezra
  Darts Shirts Bristow, Taylor and Walsh Getagrip 4 3,053 06-09-2015, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Cat
  22g PowerPoint Eric Bristows McInnis180 10 3,858 03-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Last Post: kamikersie
  Eric Bristow Memorabilia Getagrip 0 1,689 05-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Getagrip