Eric Bristow's Darts.
Wink 
Hello,
When I was 16 I played in a competition and won I set of amazing darts. They belonged to Eric Bristow and they were his personal set. They were donated by him to the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes as one of the prizes in the competition. I knew when I won that they were something special but in light of the sad news of his death I would like to know if anyone has any background info on them.

Hello all,
When I was 16 I played i a competition and won a set of darts. They belonged to Eric Bristow and were donated by him to the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes as a prize. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit more about them as I have never seen them before. 

I don't know the full story behind them, but they were made by Harrows in the mid to late 1980's for Carling and only 50 sets were made.

Not sure if they have been thrown at the board as I can't see any marks on the barrels, especially near the front, but the flights have been used - you can see the marks where the flights have been inserted into the stem - and the top of the middle stem looks like it has been opened as well in order to insert a flight. Presumably if these were Eric's personal set then I would guess they have been thrown a couple of times.

If you want to know the full ins and outs of the history of these darts you would be better off contacting Harrows direct - it may take them a few days to find someone who knows about this set given their age

http://www.harrowsdarts.com/contact

Out of interest what was the competition? Only asking as I thought the Buffaloes was a male only group.
They are very rare indeed, only 50 sets made.

My friend has 2 sets.

One has been slightly used.

The 2nd is unused and signed by Bristow himself.

He has been offered £600 for the used set and £1500 for the new signed set. He said no to both offers.

Who knows what they'd be worth now though. He's always said he'll never sell them.
what a set of darts ... hope you get the info you are looking for.
(04-06-2018, 10:37 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Wow only 50 sets!! There is light marking on the barrel and as you say, splitting of the stems. When I got them they really smelled of smoke, obviously that has faded over time but it sort of pleased me because it made me feel that they must have been with him a lot. Daft I know Smile

I have taken your advice and emailed Harrows but I think they won't tell me much more than you so thank you for the input Smile

The Buffaloes rented the function room of the pub I drank in. They organised a charity darts competition and put up all the prizes themselves as a thanks to the locals for their support. It is a male only group but luckily for me they opened up the competition to all sexes.
(04-07-2018, 12:05 AM)Jim_sol Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Wow! Over the years I have looked to find another set like mine and he has two!  Big Grin  I tried to get mine signed at a function that Eric Bristow was attending but I couldn't get tickets, I was gutted because I was hoping he might recognise them. 

I remember being offered £200 for them the day I got them but I said no. I must admit there have been times where I have been absolutely cash strapped and have considered selling them but have never been able to bring myself to do it.
I got to say, these are priceless. I hope you get the info, but do keep them safe in your collection. They are something special Smile

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
Hope harrows can shed some info on them ... special darts and now even more so.

Oh how I wish they were mine.
My friend is now going to possibly look at selling his non-signed ones, but they will still fetch silly money

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Eric Bristow Powerpoint Darts Getagrip 16 7,048 05-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Berlin180
  Eric bristow durro darts ryanryanj 25 15,930 05-06-2019, 04:28 AM
Last Post: spoalowairchamp
  Eric Bristow's pre-finals News of the World matches needed philezra 0 881 10-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Last Post: philezra
  Darts Shirts Bristow, Taylor and Walsh Getagrip 4 3,023 06-09-2015, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Cat
  22g PowerPoint Eric Bristows McInnis180 10 3,770 03-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Last Post: kamikersie
  Eric Bristow Memorabilia Getagrip 0 1,654 05-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Getagrip