Snatching your darts is bad -bad-bad
bump for all u snatchers out there.
Sometimes, when working on following through, it feels like I hyperextend my arm.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.
Seems soo simple but following through is a Major thing lots of darter don't do and if u don't follow through a player who does has my bet money on him. I watched match after match in league and the player who followed through won 90% of the time really! I mean watch the pro's and almost all follow through.
One of the guys who plays in a money league I play in has almost no follow-through. He throws with just wrist action. He's also the guy who will throw his darts on the floor and stomp them when they don't do what he wants them to do. lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.
good one Jay- and he refuses to change?
(06-27-2014, 06:39 PM)JayPro Wrote: One of the guys who plays in a money league I play in has almost no follow-through. He throws with just wrist action. He's also the guy who will throw his darts on the floor and stomp them when they don't do what he wants them to do. lol

LOL has he got flat darts now?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I've never said anything to him, maybe because I had to play against him. If he was a teammate, I might have said something. I generally let people play their own game.

Once again IMO snatching your darts not following through is the single most bad habit a player can have. I tell new players over and over to extend that arm. I even have my snatch moments but know it immediately when I do it. I think even the pro's have a snatch moment here and there.
This thread inspired me to work on my throw and follow through. I am reaping the benefits now Big Grin +1 larry
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Thanks I need a few rep points lol.
Can you show an example of what snatching your darts is for people who don't know?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Richie Burnett rolled back the years at the recent World Grand Prix event with a fantastic display of darts. One part of his game that stood out for us was him snatching his darts and in particular why was it usually the third dart? This is of course a common problem and one we get asked about a lot.

When you throw a dart you start a chain of events that begins in the head. This chain starts with the brain. The brain then sends a message to all the muscles you need to throw the dart that they need to be activated and help out with the throw. There is a of course a fraction of a second delay between the brain passing on the message and the activation of the muscles.

The brain is also aware of exactly what muscles are needed to throw a dart. This is where the hours of practice players put in pays off and where the expression “muscle memory” comes from. However, the brain can also detect if there is a problem with the action (change in technique). What happens then is that the brain sends out another signal to the muscles trying to correct the motion. Due to the split second delay from the brain to the muscles the message arrives too late and the player’s technique fails resulting in a snatched dart.

A third dart snatch it is usually caused by the player leaning further forward. What happens during the throw is that a lot of players have a slight centre of gravity shift towards the board during each throw. If, however, the centre of gravity does not return to its original position after the second dart and remains forward, the brain will detect this and try to compensate by sending out another signal. Because of the nature of the movement and its speed there is very little time to correct, hence the snatch. Sometimes the dart will go where it is intended (as Richie managed to do more often than not) but other times not.

Citation to Performance darts
(11-08-2013, 06:18 PM)Tormentor Wrote: My definition make sense Larry?

Your absolutely correct my friend
(11-08-2013, 06:17 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Not a full follow through. When you stop your follow through mid way and snatch your arm back real fast. At least that's my best definition
yes!!!!
Ya! I usually snatch the dart at the most inappropriate time during a match! Fortunately I end up in the 12 or 18 bed. Sometimes it even works out and lands in the triple!
Big Grin Whatever You Do, Do It Right And Enjoy Doing ItExclamation

22g Sigma 4 Pro
22g Power 9 Five

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop Snatching & Throw Smooth. HOW?? Snooks 7 2,207 04-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Chipdiddytim
  Snatching is bad ! Open that hand please! *Saber* 57 16,922 03-02-2018, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Jefferz
  Snatching? Frisco 13 4,410 04-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: The G