Snatching your darts is bad -bad-bad
My wife, bless her heart, likes to toss the arrows every once in a while and her release is a sight to behold. She holds the darts very similar to how I hold mine just prior to throwing with her elbow bent at a 90 degree angle, upper arm parallel to the floor, but that is as far as it goes in copying my form. When she releases the dart, about 2/3 of the extension of my throw, she pulls her hand back like she had a bungee cord attached to her shoulder and wrist.

Try as I might, she just won't try it any differently for any length of time. Needless to say, she is downright horrible at the game, but makes up for it in comedic value when she does hit a good dart. She struts to the board like MVG whooping and hollering.
Yes. We need to start a campaign. Maybe a website... http://www.nomoret-rexarmsindarts.com NMTRAiD is our acronym!
(02-06-2014, 12:44 AM)gumbo2176 Wrote: She struts to the board like MVG whooping and hollering.

Sounds like my wife. We were at the bar having some tasty adult beverages and I wasn't even thinking when I did it but I threw my last dart, hit my double I was aiming for and immediately got in her face hollaring, "DONE!" To the day every time we play she does that to me whenever she beats me, rofl.
--
21g Adrian Lewis Naturals 90% Tungsten
White Unicorn Gripper II 1" 1/4 shafts
Black MAX 150 std flights cut to Unicorn Maestro shape

Winmau BLADE4 board
I video most of my practice sessions as I try to look for anything I'm doing differently and trying to find out why I'm drifting into 1 & 5.
(02-06-2014, 01:50 AM)NylonRaider Wrote: I video most of my practice sessions as I try to look for anything I'm doing differently and trying to find out why I'm drifting into 1 & 5.

I wonder the same damn thing. If I hit T20 as much as I do the T5 and T1, I'd be pro! Lol, not really but you get the picture. I can't figure it out. My best explanation is that when I am pulling back I pull towards my nose when I should be pulling back towards my right cheek but I have no idea. The way my brain is, is if I figure it out, I should be able to correct it and repeat it consistently because that's just the most logical thing, right? WRONG! Haha.

Where do you setup the camera? From the side view or as "down the line" type view?
--
21g Adrian Lewis Naturals 90% Tungsten
White Unicorn Gripper II 1" 1/4 shafts
Black MAX 150 std flights cut to Unicorn Maestro shape

Winmau BLADE4 board
(02-06-2014, 02:05 AM)robrey85 Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 01:50 AM)NylonRaider Wrote: I video most of my practice sessions as I try to look for anything I'm doing differently and trying to find out why I'm drifting into 1 & 5.

I wonder the same damn thing. If I hit T20 as much as I do the T5 and T1, I'd be pro! Lol, not really but you get the picture. I can't figure it out. My best explanation is that when I am pulling back I pull towards my nose when I should be pulling back towards my right cheek but I have no idea. The way my brain is, is if I figure it out, I should be able to correct it and repeat it consistently because that's just the most logical thing, right? WRONG! Haha.

Where do you setup the camera? From the side view or as "down the line" type view?

I set up from side few, throw 30 darts, then I move it so its directly in front and throw another 30. Its really hard to see why I'm drifting. The ones I hit 18 or 12 with, I know are bad throws as soon as it leaves my hand. I can feel my arm pulling wide or across me.

As for the follow through, to help me do it, I throw and keep telling myself to reach out as though I'm getting my dart back. It also helps me slow my throw down, I have a tendency to cut my follow through short and go for my next dart.

I seem to miss the easy dart alot, I think I relax too much and lose focus. Even tried putting white tape over my treble 20 to see if I'd focus more.
I'm still having troubles following through the shot. I notice basketball free throws and how they follow through with their shots and I just keep going back to my same bad habit. I throw the dart then instead of my arm going straight down the 20 - bull - 3 line I drift over to the 11 side of the board. This happens all the time unless I really focus. There in lies the problem, focus. Back to the drawing board............I mean the dart board
Yup, I've been told that I sometimes look like I'm "Cracking a whip" in my followthrough. I've found that I do this if: My arm hurts. I'm under pressure and feel as I'm letting go that it's not going where I want it to, so I try to pull it back, kinda like a weird body english. Losing confidence in my game. not comfortable at the oche, grip, stance.
It's a self perpetuating problem.
My brother told me as he was coaching me last year: "Just let it go."
Snatching keeps many a player from becoming the best they can be.
I have become an expert playing darts at hitting T1 for T20, T4 for T18, T3 for T19, just inside D16 and just outside D10 but I think my throw is really consistent and that I just need to get glasses.
To use a pun i will see!
Watch this space
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop Snatching & Throw Smooth. HOW?? Snooks 7 1,663 04-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Chipdiddytim
  Snatching is bad ! Open that hand please! *Saber* 59 16,048 03-02-2018, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Jefferz
  Snatching? Frisco 13 4,266 04-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: The G